• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fletcher: Arte Moreno said the #Angels will increase their payroll. He wouldn’t say how much.

rafibomb

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I assume you're trolling, but if not, why? The Angels have Trout for 11 more years, Upton for 3 more years, and one of the best prospects in baseball on the cusp, with a second very good outfield prospect ready sometime in 2020. 

The Angels also have a handful of other promising outfield prospects--Adams, Knowles, Deveaux, Ramirez--but they're all 3+ years away, so don't factor into your Kole extension.

I know you’re all that ... but having some veteran depth is good insurance. Kole can play all three outfield positions and maybe even 1B in a pinch.  Upton isn’t reliable lately and Trout has had his injury problems as well. I’m not sold on Goody just yet . 

No need to be a jerk about my post ... doubt the Angels make him a offer. Looking forward to Joe Adell making his MLB debut as a starter. 

11 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I know you’re all that ... but having some veteran depth is good insurance. Kole can play all three outfield positions and maybe even 1B in a pinch.  Upton isn’t reliable lately and Trout has had his injury problems as well. I’m not sold on Goody just yet . 

No need to be a jerk about my post ... doubt the Angels make him a offer. Looking forward to Joe Adell making his MLB debut as a starter. 

If they've got a little extra cash and he hasn't found a home then they might throw a 1yr deal at him but 3yrs doesn't make much sense.  

there hasn't been a deal of more than two years with an aav of less than 7 mil since marlon byrd in 2009.  

Guys like Calhoun might get a 2yr deal but most likely he'll go year to year for the rest of his career.  

Kole is a very good defender but not really a CFer.  He might be able to play there for a game or two here and there but he's not good enough there to be a primary backup at that spot.  

The other thing that gives us an idea of is value is that he wasn't traded at the deadline.  Even for a low level prospect.  My understanding or remembrance as to why was because he just didn't have significant value.  

RF needs a place holder and not an 18m commitment to potentially decent backup when you don't have to make that commitment and could just go year to year if things don't work out with Adell or Marsh.  

Frankly, I bet they'd love to have Cole back and so would I but 6m is 6m and should be allocated to other more pressing needs.  

you AAA depth chart probably looks something like this right now for position players

1b: Walsh, Thaiss, Rojas, Ward
2b: Wong, Jones Rojas
3b: Thaiss, Rojas, Ward
SS: ??
OF: Adell, Marsh, Lund, Walsh, Ward, Herm (if he doesn't make the mlb roster)
C Kruger, ??

That's 11 guys and they don't even have a SS and someone who can back up SS nor a 2nd C.  That would put them at 14.  a 5 man rotation or maybe 6, and another 8+ pen arms starts to fill the roster pretty quick.  

So maybe they IL Cozart and keep Thaiss up and maybe Herm starts on the major league club so it's possible they could retain Bour on a minor league deal.  My guess is that they'll opt for guys with more positional flexibility.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

If they've got a little extra cash and he hasn't found a home then they might throw a 1yr deal at him but 3yrs doesn't make much sense.  

there hasn't been a deal of more than two years with an aav of less than 7 mil since marlon byrd in 2009.  

Guys like Calhoun might get a 2yr deal but most likely he'll go year to year for the rest of his career.  

Kole is a very good defender but not really a CFer.  He might be able to play there for a game or two here and there but he's not good enough there to be a primary backup at that spot.  

The other thing that gives us an idea of is value is that he wasn't traded at the deadline.  Even for a low level prospect.  My understanding or remembrance as to why was because he just didn't have significant value.  

RF needs a place holder and not an 18m commitment to potentially decent backup when you don't have to make that commitment and could just go year to year if things don't work out with Adell or Marsh.  

Frankly, I bet they'd love to have Cole back and so would I but 6m is 6m and should be allocated to other more pressing needs.  

Don’t let the trade deadline cloud your judgement ... was there a legit playoff team in need of a right fielder. Kole can play centerfield  ... not sure why you think otherwise 🤔 

FYI I’m not clamoring for the FO to sign Kole ... but why the F*ck wouldn’t you want him on the team. I posted that comment tongue in cheek ... didn’t mean to get the wannabe GM’s riled up 😂 

13 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Don’t let the trade deadline cloud your judgement ... was there a legit playoff team in need of a right fielder. Kole can play centerfield  ... not sure why you think otherwise 🤔 

FYI I’m not clamoring for the FO to sign Kole ... but why the F*ck wouldn’t you want him on the team. I posted that comment tongue in cheek ... didn’t mean to get the wannabe GM’s riled up 😂 

he's played 6 games in CF his entire career.  If any playoff team thought he could then he'd have had way more value at the deadline.  There were 16 teams within 3.5 games of a WC spot on july 31st.  I am sure one of them could have used a 'CFer'.  

you're not clamoring for him but why the F would we want him back?  That makes sense.  

makes a dumb suggestion.  claims just joking.  

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

he's played 6 games in CF his entire career.  If any playoff team thought he could then he'd have had way more value at the deadline.  There were 16 teams within 3.5 games of a WC spot on july 31st.  I am sure one of them could have used a 'CFer'.  

you're not clamoring for him but why the F would we want him back?  That makes sense.  

makes a dumb suggestion.  claims just joking.  

Hold on a sec ... didn’t you just say that you and the Angels would love him back 🤷‍♂️ and now you’re calling it a dumb suggestion 😂 

btw I wasn’t joking ... just don’t see it happening.   FYI you have made plenty of dumb suggestions, haven’t you? 

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

Hold on a sec ... didn’t you just say that you and the Angels would love him back 🤷‍♂️ and now you’re calling it a dumb suggestion 😂 

btw I wasn’t joking ... just don’t see it happening.   FYI you have made plenty of dumb suggestions, haven’t you? 

I'd love to have him back but we have other more pressing needs and it will likely be cost prohibitive - even at 5 mil.  the dumb suggestion was at 3/18 which you claim was a joke after you got called out for.  

I make plenty of dumb suggestions and I own them.  

By hypothetically signing Gerrit Cole and backloading his contract, the team would see its actual payroll and AAV align through that one signing alone.

If Moreno is finally going really big he will bust through the CBT in my opinion, but as long as he extracts himself by the end of the 2nd year he will pay no more than $4M-$15M total in all probability.