• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Umpire news

m0nkey

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

that would be an admission of a crime. 

OK. So you're saying he wouldn't be fired because of the tweet, but because of the crime.

What if he tweeted, "Joe Maddon is a dumbass. He should leave baseball and pursue another career. And his wife is ugly."

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

OK. So you're saying he wouldn't be fired because of the tweet, but because of the crime.

What if he tweeted, "Joe Maddon is a dumbass. He should leave baseball and pursue another career. And his wife is ugly."

that's a direct bias against a manager, and by definition his team. that would be grounds for dismissal, imo.  I have to believe there is something in an umpire's contract that warns against this type of behavior.

3 minutes ago, Blarg said:

If I were to post information that would damage the brand of the shows I work on, that would be grounds for dismissal. I have the right to make those claims, I also have to face the consequences of those actions. 

Got it. So if MLB determines that Drake's tweet damages the brand of the MLB, they have every right to fire him.

An addendum to my statement, if I am a witness to an abuse covered under contract, like harrasment or any law broken, I have a responsibility to report that to a superior or law enforcement. But, it is to go through proper channels and not broadcasted on Twitter.

This allows the company to evaluate and make an internal assessment as to what actions to take while protecting their brand and people. Similar to the Astros situation that they botched. 

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Got it. So if MLB determines that Drake's tweet damages the brand of the MLB, they have every right to fire him.

absolutely, although I think the umpire's union will have a lot to say about it.

he still has the right to say it, as per the Constitution.

6 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I'm working on a new bit.  Its a work in process. Don't be so g-damn condescending.

What new bits are your working on, huh?

I'm working on being omnibenevolent on AW.

Just like your project, it's not going well.

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

The board MAGAs  (75% of the board; 95% of the board over 50) just gobbled up their boner pills and started stroking off to AOC again.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

your libtard hate has blinded you to the truth that a freshman representative is unquestionably the face of the democrat party and this country shouldn't be paying women for abortions and making me marry a gay wedding cake

Turn off the tv and go outside. You are babbling like a fool (with all due respect).

7 minutes ago, Palomar said:

There's free speech and then there is just being an idiot telling the world your twisted thoughts, thinking that there are no consequences.

That seems a bit premature.   As far as we know he  considered his comment carefully,weighing the balance of his rights, the protection of the union and the mixed public opinion MLB would be under for openly opposing what would otherwise be simply a free speech issue.  As it is, there are virtually no consequences for the tweet that I'm aware of outside of him taking down his account.  I'm sure his 10 followers are  mourning.  

This may just be tilling the soil for his post-retirement book.  "Keepin it Red While Wearing Blue"