• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: ALDS : Astros @ Rays Game 3 10-7-2019

Just now, Troll Daddy said:

Astros will have the inside track and the money to sign Cole. You have to believe that will be their main focus after the playoffs. Although, trading for Greinke was costly ...  both Greinke and Verlander will be making $30M plus the next two seasons. 

They also have Altuve making $30 million, Bregman is a $20 million hit to the luxury tax.  They have $156 million tied up to 8 players in 2020.  The Angels aren't much better as they have $116 tied up in 5 players next year.  The Astros do have the inside track because they have him currently and have the ability to negotiate with him longer than any other team.  The biggest reason we are being considered is he is a local kid and has told Fletcher that we are on his short list, and Fletcher has at least implied we are at the top of his list.  

1 hour ago, krAbs said:

Not sure how their farm looks for starting pitching, but they still certainly have young, talented hitting. But, SOME cracks, at least (as opposed to now, where the team looks kinda perfect).

Their farm system has only 1 player in the top 100, a RHP Forrest Whitley is ranked #17. His ERA is 12.1 in AAA. After giving up 2 of their top prospects for Greinke and promoting Tucker and Alvarez, their farms system in practically depleted. They won't be promoting are trading for many more super stars for a long time.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

Here's what's wrong with baseball. They literally have a PLAYOFF game going on middle of the day on a Monday when everyone is at work and no one is around to watch this on tv. Could you imagine any other sport doing this. What's the tv ratings for this game 3 people? 

6 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Here's what's wrong with baseball. They literally have a PLAYOFF game going on middle of the day on a Monday when everyone is at work and no one is around to watch this on tv. Could you imagine any other sport doing this. What's the tv ratings for this game 3 people? 

We're all watching 

9 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

how else would squeeze 4 games on the same day? 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

So you’re the 3? I had no clue this game was going on till I looked at my phone leaving a meeting and got an alert ? baseball has a lot of work to do. 

Because there are 4 games today and they don’t want them all going on at the same time. You really think the first round of the NBA playoffs don’t have games going on this early?

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

So you’re the 3? I had no clue this game was going on till I looked at my phone leaving a meeting and got an alert ? baseball has a lot of work to do. 

there is just too many games to try and get them all in at prime hours.  They have probably done the math and figure it's better to have them staggered even if at off hours vs. overlapping during prime hours.  

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

btw, I think Greinke is going to get hit hard next year.  He'll probably be able to compete but I think his performance will lead to an era above 4.  

I would like to think the same of Verlander because of his age, but he's just one of those guys who seems to defy gravity.  

I think the Astros are gonna take a pretty big dip next year. Altuve isn’t want he used to be and you never know if Verlander is gonna crack like he did with Detroit. Don’t get me wrong they’re still gonna be good but I think this is the last year of pure dominance by them.