• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Water Delivery

So we’re looking into getting water delivered to the house. My wife likes purified versus spring water.  We use purified water from Costco for coffee, tea and the baby bottles, plus regular drinking water throughout the day.  

So who do you guys use?  How much do you pay?  Any advice?  We go through at least two gallons a day.   

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I haven’t changed my Britta filter in about three years. I don’t have aids yet.

There is a joke on 'Park N' Rec' about it...

"I've had Britta filters that lasted longer than that relationship!... Wait... do I need to change my Britta filter???"

We have an RO (reverse osmosis) system installed. We have been doing that for 20 years at least.

You have a purified water dispenser at your kitchen sink, and also you plumb the water to your refrigerator so your ice cubes are also purified.

Once a year you replace the pre and post filters.

Looks essentially like this:

white-olympia-water-systems-reverse-osmo

1 hour ago, Jay said:

We have an RO (reverse osmosis) system installed. We have been doing that for 20 years at least.

You have a purified water dispenser at your kitchen sink, and also you plumb the water to your refrigerator so your ice cubes are also purified.

How many parsecs to complete the kessel run with that bad boy?

4 hours ago, Jay said:

is this something you can install yourself or do you have to hire someone? and what's the price range on something like this? we've been using a Brita filter and are getting tired of refilling the container every day.

I recommend having it professionally installed. The system we have is simpler than that one, consisting of the three main elements, tank, and faucet.

You can do the annual filter changes yourself.

We have an Ecowater system. They frequently have a rep at Costco, selling their soft water systems. They do the RO systems as well. It's a reputable company.

https://www.ecowater.com/home-water-solutions/drinking-water-systems/

The system we have is actually simpler than above:

ERO175_388x372.png

59 minutes ago, Jay said:

I recommend having it professionally installed. The system we have is simpler than that one, consisting of the three main elements, tank, and faucet.

You can do the annual filter changes yourself.

We have an Ecowater system. They frequently have a rep at Costco, selling their soft water systems. They do the RO systems as well. It's a reputable company.

https://www.ecowater.com/home-water-solutions/drinking-water-systems/

The system we have is actually simpler than above:

ERO175_388x372.png

I had a similar system in my first condo.  It made the best tasting water i have had and the ice cubes would be crystal clear, no cloudiness. The downside is it takes up half the cabinet under the sink.

1 hour ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

I had a similar system in my first condo.  It made the best tasting water i have had and the ice cubes would be crystal clear, no cloudiness. The downside is it takes up half the cabinet under the sink.

It does take up space. Sometimes you can situate the tank in an adjacent cabinet if you prefer. The tank will work just fine on its side, in a horizontal orientation.