• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So I went to a game at Wrigley Field today and I just have to say...

John Taylor

........being an Angels fan at a Cubs game is pretty cool because they absolutely love La Stella in Wrigleyville and thus I was treated quite well by Cubs fans.

Also they honored Lee Smith before the game for his Hall of Fame induction, no word on if Troy Percival showed up and took his Hall of Fame plaque:

image.png

Also Also Jonathan Lucroy still kind of sucks at hitting, and catching:

image.png

Also Also Also Harry Caray: Still Dead....

Image result for will ferrell harry caray gif

I went to the makeup game at Wrigley in June. Obviously the Angels were terrible that day but the atmosphere was incredible. It is still hard to believe that the Cubs can fill the stands. The fans are so into the game, they cheer every play and are very friendly. I recommend that Wrigley should be on every baseball fans bucket list.  

8 hours ago, TroutAdell said:

I went to the makeup game at Wrigley in June. Obviously the Angels were terrible that day but the atmosphere was incredible. It is still hard to believe that the Cubs can fill the stands. The fans are so into the game, they cheer every play and are very friendly. I recommend that Wrigley should be on every baseball fans bucket list.  

You aren't kidding. I was actually worried the game would be rained out but it wasn't, and it was packed, even those crappy rooftop seats were packed, and they were into everything, and honestly a really friendly group of fans. i mean they didn't give Albert Pujols 35 standing ovations or anything, so maybe Cubs fans aren't "real" fans ??

Figure I'd give some "Out of towner" tips about going to Wrigley Field:

1.) You won't find any parking within a mile of the stadium. Either stay at a hotel in Wrigleyville, take an Uber, or take the L Train (Red Line) to the Addison station. Wrigley Field is literally right outside the Addison station. You can buy all day passes to ride the Chicago L Trains for 10 bucks (Plus 5 for the Ventra card) and they have vending machines at each station. As long as you don't venture south of "the Loop" in Chicago its safe to ride and quite fun, and will get you anywhere you will want to go in Chicago, and it's super easy to navigate.

2.) Get to the Stadium at least 2 hours before game time. There is an excellent vibe outside Wrigley field with the bars and all the fans hanging out, the outside of Wrigley is just as friendly as the inside, the only exception is that there are street hustlers trying to sell you knockoff Cubs gear and $1 waters, but that's par for the course.

3.) Cubs fans are very friendly to Angels fans. They love La Stella and they love Trout, and they aren't mad at us for Lucroy (yet), so you can wear Angels gear to a game and you'll actually get a lot of friendly Cubs fans wanting to talk about how much they miss La Stella and are glad he got a chance to start everyday.

4.) If you buy seats in the Bleachers (To be a bleacher bum) there is a separate entrance off of Sheffield (Center field). They are first come first serve when it comes to seating, so if you want to sit in Left Field front row during batting practice, honestly get there 4 hours before game time (Bleacher gates open before the other gates). Having Bleacher seat tickets gets you anywhere in Wrigley Field, but if you don't have Bleacher seats, you can't get into the Bleacher area.

5.) Rooftop seats are a scam, and there are hustlers outside Wrigley trying to get you to buy tickets to watch from there.

6.) Seats are small, especially for a fatass like me. Seats are smaller than Angel Stadium seats, so you'll be packed in. I recommend Aisle seats (Or Bleacher seats) but watch out if you get Aisle Front row as the arm rest on the aisle side is really high and can squeeze on your during the game.

7.) Best seats are the Bleachers, Sections 8-27 Field level, or any of the 100 Level seats. Avoid the 200 seats especially up the aisle as they are under the awning and are obstructed. I sat in a Bleacher seat one game, and then Section 116 the next game. I went to see if the 200 seats were as bad as they say and yes they are, anytime a fly ball is hit you can't see where it is.  I've heard 400 level are a good view on the cheap.

8.) Tunnels inside the stadium gets packed. Especially when the visiting team is batting. If you need to pee or grab some food, do it when the Cubs are batting. There is little to no walking room especially on the field level when the tunnels get busy. Also the pee trough still exists at Wrigley although they do have regular urinals now, you get the choice.

9.) Get a Chicago Dog:

image.png

10.) Get a "First Timers" Certificate (for free) inside the Field level outside of Section 119, trust me it's not just for kids, there were plenty of adults in line to get them:

image.png

11.) You can watch pitchers warming up in the bullpen if you take the field level tunnel towards the left field bleacher entrance:

image.png

Tradition is king at Wrigley, I was worried it wouldn't live up to expectations, but it exceeded them. If your a fan of baseball you have to go to Wrigley.