• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Has anyone here ever driven cross country and visited baseball stadiums along the way?

5 hours ago, Taylor said:

This has always been a dream of mine. If I had the time and money, I'd do it.

That's how I am approaching this. I have the time and money right now to do it. I am going to go visit family anyway so why not go to some new baseball stadiums along the way? Yeah, it sucks doing it alone but I have plenty of music and probably some good scenery to help out. Plus, I will be calling friends as I drive too so that will help. I could have bought a plane ticket like I always do but I wanted to change things up(baseball pun?) this time.  

I've seen a ton of ballparks on work trips and always found that waiting last min for teams with crappy records always yields KILLER deals

Here I am on TV slamming beers in the B9th at a game some years back.   The trick is that you can only take 4 at a time there, so you make like 5 trips and youre good.  I missed my meeting that day.

Screenshot_20190828-131839~2.png

In 2000 I spent 2 weeks+ driving cross country, but stop at places like petrified forest. Carlsbad caverns, New Orleans, DC, NY city. I saw Niagara Falls on my way to see and Angel game in Toronto. Adam Kennedy hit a grand slam and a bases clearing triple on his way to 8 RBIs. That was the only game I saw although I drove past many ballparks along the way.

Every year I fly to a different state then drive across 2-3 states and visit stadiums. I love seeing new places and getting the chance to visit new stadiums to watch a game is the cherry on top. I've been to ~85% of current stadiums so almost there! It's a total blast and you're going to have an amazing time that you'll never forget. 

On 8/26/2019 at 4:45 PM, beatlesrule said:

True so no minor league games for me. Seems like the best route is the one Blarg suggested and I might just drive a little out of my way to see the Cubs in Wrigley.

The Rockies are playing the Cardinals in the game I will be going to. I think that's funny. Double dose of Cardinals for me!

How much time do you have?... heading to Chicago is going to add a bit.

Keep in mind that going to games is (obviously) going to add time every day.... so if say you have a week to get to NC, thats enough. But if you start zigzagging, and only have so many hours each day to drive, because you have to he at whatever stadium by a certain time....

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

In 2000 I spent 2 weeks+ driving cross country, but stop at places like petrified forest. Carlsbad caverns, New Orleans, DC, NY city. I saw Niagara Falls on my way to see and Angel game in Toronto. Adam Kennedy hit a grand slam and a bases clearing triple on his way to 8 RBIs. That was the only game I saw although I drove past many ballparks along the way.

That would just be torture. Driving by ballparks and not going in when the team is playing.

I have about a week and I think the Cubs will be a decision I make on the fly after I visit St Louis. I might just be over the whole thing and want to go see my family by then.

It would be nice to go to Pittsburgh and Baltimore but that has me driving out of the way and I already checked the schedules and they don't add up anyway.

1 hour ago, IIIII said:

Every year I fly to a different state then drive across 2-3 states and visit stadiums. I love seeing new places and getting the chance to visit new stadiums to watch a game is the cherry on top. I've been to ~85% of current stadiums so almost there! It's a total blast and you're going to have an amazing time that you'll never forget. 

This actually sounds like a really cool idea. Just fly somewhere and drive to all the stadiums you can get to in X days, and do a new area every year. I might have to start doing that.

2 hours ago, Mark68 said:

This actually sounds like a really cool idea. Just fly somewhere and drive to all the stadiums you can get to in X days, and do a new area every year. I might have to start doing that.

Yeah it’s a blast and doesn’t require the big time commitment like driving across the country does. For example a few years ago I flew into Chicago then drove north  through Milwaukee/Green Bay to Minneapolis. Saw 4 baseball stadiums/games and also Lambeau. Only took 5 days. Obviously it’s much easier with east coast teams but there are enough that you can make 5-6+ trips out of it.

3 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

That would just be torture. Driving by ballparks and not going in when the team is playing.

I have about a week and I think the Cubs will be a decision I make on the fly after I visit St Louis. I might just be over the whole thing and want to go see my family by then.

It would be nice to go to Pittsburgh and Baltimore but that has me driving out of the way and I already checked the schedules and they don't add up anyway.

I didn't have time to spend at all the parks l past. I had to get back to work. l went to the stadium the Angels were playing at time I was near.

Well the good thing is that I won't be driving in California most of the time so if something is 60 miles away it will take around 60 minutes to get there. I'll definitely be bringing my glove and I'll try to sneak to better seats. I should probably start looking at ticket prices because I have no idea what each of these ballparks cost but it can't be too much.

I'm thinking the Cubs game will be the only one that might be sold out since they are going for the playoffs and it will be a weekend game if I do indeed decide to drive to Chicago.

17 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Well the good thing is that I won't be driving in California most of the time so if something is 60 miles away it will take around 60 minutes to get there. I'll definitely be bringing my glove and I'll try to sneak to better seats. I should probably start looking at ticket prices because I have no idea what each of these ballparks cost but it can't be too much.

I'm thinking the Cubs game will be the only one that might be sold out since they are going for the playoffs and it will be a weekend game if I do indeed decide to drive to Chicago.

You need to be around the stadium before and after their games. An absolutely unreal atmosphere that makes me so jealous. I think it’s peak baseball fandom for me.

30 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

There are plenty of scalpers at Wrigley. Don't miss out on the experience.

1 hour ago, beatlesrule said:

If you go to KC don't miss Royals Hall of Fame...right in ball park. If you travel to St Louis and skip Chitown , take I-64 through Kentucky and stop at Louisville Slugger Museum in Louisville...also home of home of Jo Adell! Have a great trip. I retire next month & have trips planned to see all the parks I haven't seen yet - 17 to go. Start with spring training in Arizona and then Angels game in LA!

16 hours ago, stormngt said:

Not driving but one item on my bucket list is to visit every stadium with my family.  So far, Anaheim, Dogs, Padres, A's, Mariners, Cubs, Orioles,  Yankees, red Sox, Cleveland, Pittsburg and Philadelphia. 

My dad, who is retired, has made it his goal to see games in every ballpark. Once he accomplished that, then his goal became to see the Angels in every AL park (when I’m there) and see the Giants (his team) in every NL park. He will take random trips by himself just to go to a ballpark he hasn’t seen. 

He’s actually ahead of me now, because he’s been to the new Braves ballpark and that’s the only I’m missing. I will have all the current ones, for the first time, next July after the Angels go to Atlanta. 

14 hours ago, ksangel said:

If you go to KC don't miss Royals Hall of Fame...right in ball park. If you travel to St Louis and skip Chitown , take I-64 through Kentucky and stop at Louisville Slugger Museum in Louisville...also home of home of Jo Adell! Have a great trip. I retire next month & have trips planned to see all the parks I haven't seen yet - 17 to go. Start with spring training in Arizona and then Angels game in LA!

Yes, I have been told about the HOF and to go to Joe’s KC BBQ or Q39 before the game. I had not planned on going to the Museum but I might add that to the list.

• 2 weeks later...