• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hats off to you veterans

Chuck

usn 1972-1976

anybody that doubts the american servicemen's contribution should read With the Old Breed by E.B. Sledge.

i admire the high regard with which service members are held today.

I have a good story about that, will tell it later when I'm home.

I'll echo the sentiments already expressed and add my gratitude to those who died serving our country,

usn 1972-1976

anybody that doubts the american servicemen's contribution should read With the Old Breed by E.B. Sledge.

i admire the high regard with which service members are held today.

OK, my story.  I was coming back from the first gulf war in 91.  I had been in the Persian Gulf onboard the USS Fife since late October or so and my detachment was one of the first coming back since the war started.  We flew military flights to Norfolk, VA and then we had to take civilian flights back to San Diego because there were no military flights with room.  I went to the check-in at the airport and got my ticket, and the woman behind the counter saw my seabags and asked if I was coming back from the Gulf and I said yes.  She started crying and saying how great it was that we were coming back safe, and the rest of the people behind the counter were all saying thanks.

Upstairs waiting for my flight I was sitting next to a guy in a wheelchair and we started talking.  Turns out he was disabled in the Vietnam war.  He was polite but he told me to be thankful for the reception I was getting, because there was nothing like that when he came back from war.  That has stuck with me to this day and I've always been grateful for when I served and how those who served then were held in esteem.  I never take it for granted and I have the deepest sympathy for those who got such horrible treatment when they returned from war.  

USAF 1992-1995

Even though we recognize Veterans Day for all veterans, and Memorial Day for those who gave their lives, we need to remember that enlisted service members have some of the hardest yet lowest-paying and most under-appreciated (especially by the government, BOTH parties) jobs that one can have.

I am glad that most of our troops are coming home from Iraq and will be coming home soon from Afghanistan. I appreciate those that continue to serve, and the hardships that their families have undergone and continue to undergo.

Now, if someone would just solve that little paperwork backlog at the VA....

Memorial Day: All gave some, some gave all.