• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Reds 8/5/2019 (Patrick Sandoval debut, Walsh - Rengifo - Fletcher - Thaiss infield)

rafibomb

1 minute ago, totdprods said:

I really hope the Halos just keep them in the rotation here out (do they have a choice?) and let these guys work out their early career jitters and adjustments. 

It’s hard to see now, but even a baseline starting seven of Ohtani, Heaney, Pena, Canning, Suarez, Barria, and Sandoval is a good start for 2020. 

Add in Cole and Odorizzi and I like our rotation + depth.

1 minute ago, cvdog said:

These are the 4 guys we have to develop for next year. And do whatever it takes to sign G. Cole. If Ohtani has decent stuff who knows. Upton is worthless. 

Upton's first 172 games as Angel (2017-18): .255/.346/.474, 126 wRC+, 4.0 fWAR

Upton's last 32 games (2019): .216/.299/.379, 82 wRC+, 0.1 fWAR

Yes, Upton has sucked this year. But are you going to judge him solely on the laset 15% of his Angels career?

The decline could be real, or he could just be struggling and back to his usual 3+ fWAR, 120+ wRC+ self next year. That's not a "worthless" player.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Upton's first 172 games as Angel (2017-18): .255/.346/.474, 126 wRC+, 4.0 fWAR

Upton's last 32 games (2019): .216/.299/.379, 82 wRC+, 0.1 fWAR

Yes, Upton has sucked this year. But are you going to judge him solely on the laset 15% of his Angels career?

The decline could be real, or he could just be struggling and back to his usual 3+ fWAR, 120+ wRC+ self next year. That's not a "worthless" player.

Just. Just don't.

2 minutes ago, cvdog said:

Sandoval is dealing.  Srub this stupid "opener" strategy and return Taylor Cole as a reliever. 

I’ve had no problem at all with Bedrosian, Robles, or even Bard as the opener, but Cole has never looked himself in the 1st inning.

Just now, Kody Mac said:

Joey Votto isn’t what he used he used to be, but he’s still leagues ahead of Cabrera and Pujols. It’s not even fair to put his name in with them right now. 

Not really.

Pujols: .245/.301/.442, 95 wRC+, 0.0 fWAR

Cabrera: .285/.346/.387, 96 wRC+, -0.1 fWAR

Votto: .261/.349/.407, 98 wRC+, 0.5 fWAR

They'll all essentially equally mediocre. Votto might have a slight edge, but definitely not "leagues ahead."

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

we have a better record than they do.  

I know Doc.  The Angels haven’t had much to be happy about lately and watching the Reds enjoying the moment at their expense tonight was a little frustrating.

Like when the Orioles and the Tigers did last week.  It was just venting

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

Not really.

Pujols: .245/.301/.442, 95 wRC+, 0.0 fWAR

Cabrera: .285/.346/.387, 96 wRC+, -0.1 fWAR

Votto: .261/.349/.407, 98 wRC+, 0.5 fWAR

They'll all essentially equally mediocre. Votto might have a slight edge, but definitely not "leagues ahead."

relative to what's left on all their contracts, I'm taking Pujols of all three.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

relative to what's left on all their contracts, I'm taking Pujols of all three.  

Yep. After this year here's their guaranteed money:

Pujols: 2/$59M + $10M = $69M

Cabrera: 4/$124M

Votto: 5/$107M

That extra $10M for Pujols is the services contract; Cabrera's doesn't include the two extra years at $30M which vest if he finishes top 10 in MVP voting, which he won't. Votto's includes the $7M buyout in the fifth year instead of the $20M club option.