• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Dodgers 7/23/2019

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Yeah, let's trade Calhoun...

I am as stoked as anyone about Koles HR, Double and throw to the plate.  However let's remember if we don't trade Kole we:

Have to pay him 14 million and block Adell, have 14 million less in our budget for a pitcher.

Or

Lose him at the end of next and get nothing!

35 minutes ago, stormngt said:

I am as stoked as anyone about Koles HR, Double and throw to the plate.  However let's remember if we don't trade Kole we:

Have to pay him 14 million and block Adell, have 14 million less in our budget for a pitcher.

Or

I wouldn’t mind watching Kole in the playoffs if he’s traded. That will be the team I’m rooting for in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

Or

I get all of that. 

We also don't know if Adell will be ready in 2020. 

I'm fine with keeping him and letting him walk at the end of the year.  I'd like to see this season play out and see if the team can get a wild card spot.  I know it's somewhat of a long-shot, but I'm fine with that.  That's just me.  I enjoy seeing the Angels playing meaningful games into September. 

I also don't want to find out what kind of impact trading Calhoun would have on the clubhouse, given all that's transpired this season.

2 hours ago, True Grich said:

I get all of that. 

We also don't know if Adell will be ready in 2020. 

I'm fine with keeping him and letting him walk at the end of the year.  I'd like to see this season play out and see if the team can get a wild card spot.  I know it's somewhat of a long-shot, but I'm fine with that.  That's just me.  I enjoy seeing the Angels playing meaningful games into September. 

I also don't want to find out what kind of impact trading Calhoun would have on the clubhouse, given all that's transpired this season.

We are not getting a long shot, we have ample right fielders that could replace Kole.  Goodwin for example did a great job replacing Upton.

Your plan basically says let's not trade our only asset because we might miraculously with only 5 starting pitchers and none of them able to go 5 innings, win the wild card.

The only way I keep him is if no o mb e bites.  However I would love to get another Frengifro,or La Stella along with another Buttry for him.