• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto vs Eppler

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Jesus you are a dolt.  

And you seem to be an asshole.  I had seen a lot of other posters say that but, being new to the site myself, I wanted to give you a fair shake.  You start a thread wanting to start “discussion” but you ridicule everyone who disagrees with you and resort to insults when you can’t think of an argument.  There’s no sense trying to debate something with someone who clearly has no interest in debating.

1 minute ago, mymerlincat said:

And you seem to be an asshole.  I had seen a lot of other posters say that but, being new to the site myself, I wanted to give you a fair shake.  You start a thread wanting to start “discussion” but you ridicule everyone who disagrees with you and resort to insults when you can’t think of an argument.  There’s no sense trying to debate something with someone who clearly has no interest in debating.

I have only ridiculed you in this thread, because you come across like a pretty ridiculous person.  Sorry we don’t agree.  I will do better next time.  Also being a victim is adorable.  As far as not being able to think of an argument you are simply just repeating yourself, I understand your point of view, I simply see it as being wrong.  You pretend he didn’t have a good farm, even though he traded away guys that had the potential to make the farm good.  So he actually had a good farm, but he traded it away before it matured.  This isn’t a hard concept, but you are trying really hard not to get it.  

13 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Lol.... 

The extent of your "argument" is, "Jerry won more so he's better".   All you've done in response to people hitting you with facts is offer excuses for the guy and ignore the actual results of his actual work....  A bloated payroll, a barren farm system, a team lacking talent everwhere.  That's the reality of it all.

Dipoto lived off the last vestiges of the Bill Stoneman era then bitched out when his attempted coup cost him the clubhouse and he knew it was time to pay the piper.

When push comes to shove it's better to be an asshole than a twit.

Edited by Inside Pitch

He traded Paxton and Diaz and got Justus and from what I understand is a really good hitting prospect from the Mets.  But in my opinion he could have gotten more for Paxton and probably more volume for Diaz if he would have traded him separately from Cano.  If they refused to do a Cano deal without Diaz then hold onto Cano.  As it was he took on the Bruce contract, which wasn’t cheap.  So he traded Cano and Diaz plus $20 million for Bruce and the two prospects.  So in essence he saved the team $74 million over 5 years.  

Dipoto is busy Dipotoing today.... 

Mariners DFAed RP Nick Rumbelow after sending two prospects (SPs Juan Then and JP Sears) to the NYY to get him.   He had to get him off the roster after putting in a claim on Andrew Moore...  The same Andrew Moore he traded away (along with SP Tommy Romero), to get Denard Span and Colome.

So, doing Dipoto math...

That's two SP prospects for a RP he then DFAs in order to make room for 1 of 2 SPs he traded away in another trade where the players he obtained are both already gone....  One of them had his option bought out (Span), the other (Colome), was traded away for a catcher (Narvaez), to replace the catcher he traded away (Zunino), for CFer Mallex Smith.... who he had previously traded for, then traded away....

You can't even make this up.... JD is like the GM version of the "Who's on first?" skit. ...

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Lol.... 

The extent of your "argument" is, "Jerry won more so he's better".   All you've done in response to people hitting you with facts is offer excuses for the guy and ignore the actual results of his actual work....  A bloated payroll, a barren farm system, a team lacking talent everwhere.  That's the reality of it all.

Dipoto lived off the last vestiges of the Bill Stoneman era then bitched out when his attempted coup cost him the clubhouse and he knew it was time to pay the piper.

When push comes to shove it's better to be an asshole than a twit.

I would pay to see, if he was still alive, Rowdy Roddy Piper kick Dumbpoto's rear. 

27 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Mariners DFAed RP Nick Rumbelow after sending two prospects (SPs Juan Then and JP Sears) to the NYY to get him.   He had to get him off the roster after putting in a claim on Andrew Moore...  The same Andrew Moore he traded away (along with SP Tommy Romero), to get Denard Span and Colome.

So, doing Dipoto math...

That's two SP prospects for a RP he then DFAs in order to make room for 1 of 2 SPs he traded away in another trade where the players he obtained are both already gone....  One of them had his option bought out (Span), the other (Colome), was traded away for a catcher (Narvaez), to replace the catcher he traded away (Zunino), for CFer Mallex Smith.... who he had previously traded for, then traded away....

You can't even make this up.... JD is like the GM version of the "Who's on first?" skit. ...

will ferrell laughing GIF

30 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So, doing Dipoto math...

He's taking "trading a player for himself" to new levels.      Dumbpoto must earn money by the number of trades made? 

Either that, or he's trying to show the M's how hard he's working at his job? 

On 5/16/2019 at 11:12 AM, mymerlincat said:

Right now I’m going to say Dipoto simply because we had an outstanding season under him and made the playoffs (playoff failures aside) and had another +.500 season, whereas we have yet to reach .500 under Eppler.  If Eppler’s plan works out I have no doubts he’ll overtake Dipoto for me, but for now I have to give it to the guy with the results.

I agree...................

29 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

So, doing Dipoto math...

you @mymerlincat are an idiot.

1 hour ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

I mean comparing Eppler to Dipoto is low hanging fruit because Dipoto was so awful. Eppler is pretty meh though. 

I think judging eppler take a few more years. 

He got here with no farm, no money to spend, and a SP staff that looked like a clown car coming out of tommy john surgery.

The focus under him has been building a farm. Not more. 

I think his contract is up next year(?). Lets say hes replaced. His legacy wont be realized for another 2-3 years.

If say by 2022, you have a strong core led by adell, marsh, maitan (or whoever), youll have a team very cost controlled, with trout still here. Then eppler gets a good grade.

If the farm fails....

But the MLB win loss records arent the way to judge him, IMO

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

If by bad you mean amazing, then yes.

The secret to a great sizzler steak is lots of A-1. Then bring the fried shrimp on until you say uncle!

Then they weren't.  Here they weren't as good as the ones I ate at in California.

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Then they weren't.  Here they weren't as good as the ones I ate at in California.

Yeah. Theyre pretty weak. Sizzler is great when youre a kid and its your bday. If youre an adult and a friend asks if you want to meet there for lunch, you assume hes telling you hes leaving his wife or something.

9 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

If by bad you mean amazing, then yes.

The secret to a great sizzler steak is lots of A-1. Then bring the fried shrimp on until you say uncle!

we don't have anything comparable in my world (thank goodness).