• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

F*ck Joey Gallo

14 minutes ago, totdprods said:

It's really kind of bizarre how quick batting average has plummeted across baseball. Makes sense with the shifts and advanced data on pitching and hitters focusing more on launch angle, but, it kinda sucks. 

.244 is league average? Gross. Almost 9 strikeouts a game (8.85)
Ten years ago it was .262 and 6.91.
Twenty, it was .271 and 6.41.

That's a huge decrease in 'action', so even as game times have decreased, it's no wonder that effect hasn't really been felt.

And I think that's why many folks want to ban the shift. Personally, I think if hitters started putting the ball down the 3B line rather than trying to hit a HR, infielders would be forced to play them honest. 

13 minutes ago, Second Base said:

And I think that's why many folks want to ban the shift. Personally, I think if hitters started putting the ball down the 3B line rather than trying to hit a HR, infielders would be forced to play them honest. 

And I imagine, that will come back around...the game is cyclical like that. I don't like the idea of banning or limiting the shift. 

I also wouldn't be surprised if this current 'generation' of hitters had developed in a way that changing their approach and trying to hit against the shift is only making matters worse for them. As in, they are trying to change their approach and hit against the shift, but it goes so against the grain of what they've been doing for 20 years that it could be causing them more problems then if they simply kept hitting into the shift.

I look across the league and see these abysmal .300-.500 OPS hitters everywhere now. Three or four years ago that sort of OPS didn't even seem possible. 

Not skilled enough to interpret the data, but it wouldn't surprise me if the reason guys like Chris Davis or Kole were dropping from .900 and .750 OPS to .600 OPS was because of the shift...but the next drop to .300-.500 OPS was more due to the extreme tinkering/mental pressure of trying to change everything to counter the shift, rather than the shift itself, or there's just an abundance of hitters in this generation who developed with the ability to adjust due to coaching they received the last 20 years of their lives.

Edited by totdprods

11 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Gallo vs us this year so far:

.400/.500/1.267 in 18 PAs with 4 HRs and 8 RBI.

So, he's Babe Ruth against the Angels and average against the rest of the field...

Yeah, he's not the first player like that. Nor will he be the last. He is the current one though. 

12 hours ago, rottiesworld said:

Well it's not the Gallo. It could be anyone when they are facing fucked up pitching. I don't know why they love Cam so much, butt duty I guess. He sucks so bad and I just don't understand why they keep him. It is time to release him once and for all.

He has so much potential but cant locate his pitches, any of them, his fastball has no movement whatsoever, and the only place he can throw his curve ball is down the middle.

25 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Gallo vs us this year so far:

.400/.500/1.267 in 18 PAs with 4 HRs and 8 RBI.

To be fair, we've had several guys absolutely torch the Rangers over the years....Cron was basically our Gallo to them.

Gallo vs. the Angels, career:
.227/.344/.516/.860 with 9 HR in 44 G

Cron vs. Rangers, career:
.299/.343/.485/.827 with 8 HR in 65 G

Kole vs. Rangers, career:
.283/.336/.460/.796 with 14 HR in 100 G

Glaus vs. Rangers, career:
.285/.406/.676/1.082 with 35 HR in 96 G (!!!)

Garret vs. Rangers, career:
.301/.336/.495/.831 with 31 HR in 206 G

Vlad vs Rangers, career:
.395/.461/.661/1.122 with 25 HR in 108 G (lolololol)

Salmon vs Rangers, career:
.353/.447/.624/1.072 with 35 HR in 158 G

Trout vs. Rangers, career:
.335/.467/.618/1.085 with 30 HR in 137 G

Edited by totdprods

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

It's really kind of bizarre how quick batting average has plummeted across baseball. Makes sense with the shifts and advanced data on pitching and hitters focusing more on launch angle, but, it kinda sucks. 

.244 is league average? Gross. Almost 9 strikeouts a game (8.85)
Ten years ago it was .262 and 6.91.
Twenty, it was .271 and 6.41.

That's a huge decrease in 'action', so even as game times have decreased, it's no wonder that effect hasn't really been felt.

That's what three true outcomes and the shift have reduced MLB to. 

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

'so don't throw Gallo a fastball or he'll hit it 900 ft'

'ok, so should we throw him a fastball?'

'no.  he'll hit it 900 ft'

'how about a fastball?'

'no'

two minutes later

'why'd you throw him a fastball?'

'I thought that's what we talked about'  

This is Chris Carter all over again.