• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Moving trout down?

Should Moving trout down to the 3-hole, and either moving Simmons up to the 1/2 hole  or Moving Cozart up and hope he gets going, be considered? I know that number suggest that hitting either 1 or 2 is the new trends as hitters get more at bats. But i also believe this is only beneficial when you have a deep line-up or alt east another all-start caliber hitter in the line-up, which at the moment we do not have. Until Upton and Ohtani return, i'd rather have Trout at the 3 hole which gives high chance that either Kole or Simmons/Cozart will be on base for him to at-least drive in! Our two best hitters are Calhoun and Trout at the moment, should keep them closed as purposed;

Simmons/Cozart

Calhoun

Trout    

Bour

Pujols

Simmons/Cozart -Could Flip flop Pujols and  Simmons if he was down here. 

Lucroy

Goodwin

Fletcher 

I don't think Simmons should be 1 or 2. I actually, for the time being, like him hitting somewhere between 4-6.  He's the one guy on the team you can count on most to make contact. He's the guy you want coming up with someone on 3rd cause he's most likely to get a hit or at least the sacrifice hit. Trout won't get a lot of pitches to hit with RISP and often gets intentionally walked. You need to have someone behind him that can make contact in those situations. Simmons is the only guy we have right now that can do that.