• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Do you watch spring training games on TV?

m0nkey

Do you watch spring training games on TV?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch spring training games on TV?

• Yes
    • No

My viewing is different than regular season games. I don't care about the score, it's about getting a glimpse at the young players and seeing how they look against higher level competition. I like getting a sneak peak at the main guys as well. Im not glued to the tv or anything, and I don't mind when I miss the games, or check the box score or anything like that.

I don’t tune in or anything.  But if I’m not at work for some reason and I don’t have anything else to do I’ll check out a few games.  Mostly, I just follow what box scores look like.  Any highlights that seem interesting I’ll watch.  

I’ve been out to Tempe a few times,  but the whole spring training thing has become expensive AF. 

I usually have the game on in the background on TV while I'm working from the house. The days I'm in the office I dont watch and check the box score.

I like watching the kids. When I hear a specific player is up with runners on. I'll watch the at bat. If something happens I will rewind it.

I will say this. That kid the other day smoked that ball off Noe. I heard the crack of the bat and I said that's not coming back. Turned as it was sailing out in left center.

80% radio.

I live in Mexico till May and it's too nice outside to sit and watch TV. I like doing projects around the lot with games on. I bought a small one-watt FM transmitter on Ebay several years back and can send any audio signal into it and have it rebroadcast it on any FM frequency. Then, I take a portable radio around with me as I work the garden, the garage, up on the margarita deck, etc. I even have a 10 watt transmitter with and external antenna that I can re-transmit all over our little burg, while driving around, Not strictly legal, that last one. I have an XM radio in the truck with the MLB package, but SiriusXM transmits very few ST games on the radio, so I stream it into the FM transmitter. 

Yeah, the Angels broadcast team is not good at all. Terry Smith is so slow on the calls and Mota has been more talkative than normal, if that's possible.

11 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t tune in or anything.  But if I’m not at work for some reason and I don’t have anything else to do I’ll check out a few games.  Mostly, I just follow what box scores look like.  Any highlights that seem interesting I’ll watch.  

I’ve been out to Tempe a few times,  but the whole spring training thing has become expensive AF. 

This is pretty much me too. I may tune in on an occasional Sunday if I remember, but I’m not terribly engaged for very long. No time to watch during the week or tune in on the radio.

Living in Montana and dealing with the brutal winters here, there's nothing that shows me the "light at the end of the tunnel" like Spring Training. I'm waiting for the game to start on MLB.tv while its about -2 and snowing outside. I think if I still lived in OC I would take Spring Training more for granted.

20 hours ago, m0nkey said:

I love baseball as much as anyone else, but I can't watch spring training on TV, it does nothing for me.  I understand going, but don't get anything out of TV.  So what say you?

I do because it's baseball and normally after all the winter of player movement and chatter about who will do what I'm just starving to see live play again.   But I agree with you that it's mostly a waste -- remember a few years back when ESPN was airing a game and the graphic on the screen had a guy standing on third base and had his name as ????? or whatever it was.

If any moment could best sum up ST games on TV it was that one..

DzllWwa.png

Edited by Inside Pitch
Found the pic...