• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Sopranos

NJHalo

Can't believe it's been 20 years since the first episode of the greatest show in television history debuted. I found myself addicted to watching the Sopranos marathon on HBO this week. I found new things to appreciate, and to laugh about that I didn't pick up on previously. There have been so many people saying the same thing to me, that they were hooked (again) as well. 

The prequel movie "The Many Saints of Newark" is moving along nicely. Casting and shooting locations are being finalized, including going back to where it all ended, Holsten's Ice Cream parlor. 

https://pagesix.com/2019/01/10/the-sopranos-prequel-movie-is-returning-to-where-it-all-ended/

Loved it, haven't seen it any in a while, saw the "fan favorites" list on HBO Now and watched through them.  That Steve Buscemi-directed episode in the snow was amazing.  Most of the rest, I don't think I would pick as my favorites, too much Melfi and just big things that happened.  The amazing thing about that show was every little thing (like literally everything Carmela or Junior says, or Sil's whole thing, or Tony's interactions with his sister), not just the big plot events.  

8 minutes ago, well_red said:

Loved it, haven't seen it any in a while, saw the "fan favorites" list on HBO Now and watched through them.  That Steve Buscemi-directed episode in the snow was amazing.  Most of the rest, I don't think I would pick as my favorites, too much Melfi and just big things that happened.  The amazing thing about that show was every little thing (like literally everything Carmela or Junior says, or Sil's whole thing, or Tony's interactions with his sister), not just the big plot events.  

I agree with there being too much Melfi, but it took to the very end to justify it. She ends up dumping him for good when she finally accepts the fact that he is a sociopath, and that she has been enabling him to be the complicated monster that he is. Tony proves this by starting up with the same dialog with AJ's psychiatrist. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

The Melfi/therapy angle was the crux of the story. Plus, she had one of the sexiest voices ever.

Sexy with down syndrome is what it sounds like to me. I get that Tony's self-realization is a huge part of the story line, I'm just not into her character or acting. ((shrugs))