• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Yusei Kikuchi

25 minutes ago, DCAngelsFan said:

I'm concerned about the shoulder and drop in velocity - shoulder injuries in their various forms are career-enders for pitchers - it's not TJ.  

Anyway - I have to wonder what Otani would feel like if we dumped a bunch of money on another Japanese player, one not as good as he is?   Would he feel like we're rubbing his face in the fact he came "early?"  

Also recall that, apparently, a factor in Ohtani's choosing the Angels was *not* having had a Japanese star before.  Never got what his issue with that was . . ?   Or still is?  

Of course, getting some talent that doesn't *cost* us talent is a great notion - but think we'd better pay respect to Ohtani's feelings on the matter.  

And also, let's MRI Kikuchi's shoulder until you could use him as a refrigerator magnet...

Well that would have been weird since the Angels brought in a Japanese reliever last year.

14 hours ago, Stradling said:

Says the guy with two birdies.  Haha.  

There's actually more than just two birdies, these guys were new and I don't know they very well and they're not affiliated with the team, but I did preface my OP that it could be BS, not that it was going to happen like the reddit dude. 

36 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

There's actually more than just two birdies, these guys were new and I don't know they very well and they're not affiliated with the team, but I did preface my OP that it could be BS, not that it was going to happen like the reddit dude. 

I am just giving you a hard time.  I love rumors and I heard from a guy that we have definitely kicked the tires on Machado as well.  

13 hours ago, Lou said:

1. I highly doubt he ever said anything of the sort. (if I'm wrong . . . link?)

2. image.jpg

I do remember an article saying something to the effect that Ohtani didn't want to go to a team that already had a Japanese legacy.  The article wasn't talking about smaller Japanese stars like Shiggy.  It was about bigger Japanese stars like Ichiro, Nomo, etc.

1 hour ago, VariousCrap said:

I do remember an article saying something to the effect that Ohtani didn't want to go to a team that already had a Japanese legacy.  The article wasn't talking about smaller Japanese stars like Shiggy.  It was about bigger Japanese stars like Ichiro, Nomo, etc.

Darvish, and Tanaka also...

• 5 months later...
On 12/14/2018 at 11:47 PM, Dochalo said:

first contract japanese pitchers have a pretty solid success rate.  

I think 5/60 with an arb opt in is pretty accurate considering that he's entering his age 28 season.  We might even see a 4 yr term for him around 50m.  

this has to be our guy right now.  It would actually surprise me if we don't get him.  

I agree.  

I really missed the mark on this guy.  His stuff is pretty meh and not anything close to what I thought I was looking at from videos posted of him.  

maybe it's just that the Halos have destroyed him.