• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why not waive Pujols?

19HALO71

9 hours ago, Kevinb said:

The real reason Albert hasn’t been released is because of money owed. Not some made up Trout speculation. Albert is owed a lot of money that Arte as of now does not want to eat. 

He is eating it whether Pujols plays or not. In fact it makes it worse for him to let Albert play. The teams chances of going to the post season drops. With every game the Angels lose because Albert is taking AB away from Ohtani or another 1Bman causing a drop in attendance, sells from concessions, merchandise, and parking revenue.

Pujols gets paid either way so why pay someone to make your team, worse when you could pay him off and done with it.

8 hours ago, JarsOfClay said:

Not true.  Ohtani came back from the DL on July 3rd. Pujols went on the DL on Aug 28.

From July 3rd to Aug 28 (40 games) Pujols started exactly 40 games while Ohtani started only 26.

He only began starting everyday when Pujols went on the DL. 

Pujols went on the DL early because he knew Ohtani was the better DH. If they would have needed Albert I think he would have gutted it out.?

This insane belief that the Angels "owe" Pujols something is just batty.

The Angels will have paid him a quarter billion dollars for performance he did with another team.

I honestly don't believe the Angels are that stupid that they put Pujols' stature above putting the very best product on the field.  I also believe that Sosh mistakenly believed that Pujols, with all that veteran grit, gave the Angels the best chance to win.

This crap about owing something to Pujols, and respect and personal services is just fanboy idiocy, in my opinion.  If I am wrong, this is a joke of a franchise.

19 hours ago, Dochalo said:

And if you forgot, we've got a new manager.  Up until now you would blame MS for starting Albert over Shohei.  Who are you going to blame in 2019?  Let me guess.  You'll cite some antiquated rhetoric about it being in Albert's contract.  

So who is to blame for Shohei sitting against lefites if it wasn't Scioscia?

The blame is always placed on the guy who writes the lineup card, the manager.  Ausmus definitely wasn't my first choice for manager because his managerial style is way too similar to Scioscia's. 

But it will be interesting to see how Ausmus handles the Pujols situation. I hope he doesn't favor Pujols above actually winning games like Scioscia did. 

His comments today did sound very promising. I guess we'll see.

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Jars, did you even read the stats that doc posted?  

of course he did.  why do you think he cherry picked out the part he could complain about?  

you try to convince him that Scioscia actually made the right decision to ease Ohtani back into the lineup and that the result of how he managed it actually worked out well.  

never mind.  

On 12/11/2018 at 10:21 AM, Kevinb said:

Because it’s been said if Pujols isn’t on the team anymore Trout will want out. So before Trout re signs he wants to make sure Pujols signs an extension as well. 

I got a solution to that: 100 million divided up over 300 years for Pujols. Thats about 333K per year.

On 12/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, Stradling said:

Jars, did you even read the stats that doc posted?  

I did and I think it's silly to cherry pick stats to fit your narrative. wRC+ of 161 vs wRC+ of 146 a difference of 15 "during that period."

What is that an extra double difference? lol cmon.

Pujols the last 2 years (2017+2018) vs LHP

.217/.284/.353

Not even an OPS over .700, yikes. I find it hard to believe Shohei can't do better than this.

The insane part is that Scioscia kept plugging Pujols in there and not exploring other options.