• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/25 Astros @ Angels: Shohei Ohtani hits cleanup

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

No, the intetional is only if you believe Altuve was hit intetionally. The umpire is an asshole not tossing him and I will not miss Scioscia's fat worthless ass for not going out there and ripping the umpire up one side and fown the other. 

Like he just did?  The game used to be played this way Eric, you know this.  Retaliation like this happened whether the original batter was hit on purpose or not.  

1 minute ago, Angelsfirst said:

If he was doing what he was supposed to, throwing at him intentionally which is what you’re suggesting, then yes he should’ve been ejected.

I question throwing at Ohtani in the first place. They thought Anderson intentionally threw at Altuve I take it? Bullshit. 

It’s not about whether Altuve was hit on purpose or not.  

Anderson has to throw that fastball in more often to keep the plate divers honest. If you want to sit on the slider away then do so at your own risk. As a side note, if you're throwing at Ohtani maybe you haven't seen him hit triple digts on the gun? Your team's hitters should not endorse him as a target

i wish the front office would just admit Pujols is a sunk cost, eat the money and play Thaiss everyday. There is literally nothing to gain from playing Pujols from this point forward. He isn't even a RH part of a platoon w/ Ohtani or Thaiss because he's terrible against LH'ers.

8 minutes ago, Angelsfirst said:

I just thought it was totally unnecessary at that point. I understand how the retaliation game is played between managers. Im glad Deck got Gurriel’s ignorant ass. 

You really think Deck has that much control?  If he does, he certainly does not show it.

1 minute ago, Angelsfirst said:

I just thought it was totally unnecessary at that point. I understand how the retaliation game is played between managers. Im glad Deck got Gurriel’s ignorant ass. 

Ok so you’re happy that Gurriel got hit but have an issue with them hitting Ohtani on the ass?  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Like he just did?  The game used to be played this way Eric, you know this.  Retaliation like this happened whether the original batter was hit on purpose or not.  

Retaliation was only for intetional, like hitting a guy you faced that admired his home run. But this was a relief pitcher just trying to get out of an inning without racking up more runs. He wasn't trying to hit Altuve or send a message.

The Astros bulled some senseless bullshit hitting Ohtani. Deck sent a message in response. It was fuck you assholes and tomorrow you will get fuck you twice as much if you pull this bullshit again. 

That was how baseball used to be played.

Just now, Blarg said:

Retaliation was only for intetional, like hitting a guy you faced that admired his home run. But this was a relief pitcher just trying to get out of an inning without racking up more runs. He wasn't trying to hit Altuve or send a message.

The Astros bulled some senseless bullshit hitting Ohtani. Deck sent a message in response. It was fuck you assholes and tomorrow you will get fuck you twice as much if you pull this bullshit again. 

That was how baseball used to be played.

And baseball used to be played where when one of your guys got hit the guy comparable to him got hit.   Then it evolved to hit the guy with two outs.  That’s what happened, no big deal.  

3 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Anderson has to throw that fastball in more often to keep the plate divers honest. If you want to sit on the slider away then do so at your own risk. As a side note, if you're throwing at Ohtani maybe you haven't seen him hit triple digts on the gun? Your team's hitters should not endorse him as a target

Hmmmm, I wonder if Shoei pitches against them in the last series. That could get interesting if they do something stupid like hit him again. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

And baseball used to be played where when one of your guys got hit the guy comparable to him got hit.   Then it evolved to hit the guy with two outs.  That’s what happened, no big deal.  

That's just not true, Strad. 

8 minutes ago, Angelsfirst said:

I would’ve preferred that neither happened to be honest, but if Hinch wants to keep it going, then I’m glad Gurriel got one. 

You are delusional if you think managers are orchestrating these behaviors.  The manager has nothing to lose whereas the players have everything to lose.

14 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Plus, Altuve dives into the plate pretty radically. He was in the top 30 in MLB in HBP last year and other years. He's been hit less this year, but he's been out a bit.

I dont think it was intentional at all. I think Ozuna's was.

I didnt see it. Was a warning issued?

12 minutes ago, eligrba said:

You are delusional if you think managers are orchestrating these behaviors.  The manager has nothing to lose whereas the players have everything to lose.

I guarantee Hinch isn’t too upset with Osuna tonight in the locker room. Im sure he looked at it as “protecting their best player.”

Osuna obviously felt like he had the green light to throw at Shohei. Whether or not it was specifically ordered by Hinch, who knows.