• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taylor Chases The Yankee Clipper!

It's the one record that most baseball gurus claim will never be broken. DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak. The 9 time World Champion, Yankee Hall Of Famer's indellible imprint on the history books.

Yet, here he stands. The Angel's young, rookie, Taylor Ward.

Two down.

Fifty four to go.

True, the Angels only have 39 games left after tonight.

This means he will have to start off 2019 with a 14 game hitting streak.

Tis a small price to pay for the newest, young, Angel phenom.

To stand next to the great Joe D. in the record books.

Reminds me of the time I went with a friend to Lee Steven's first game with the Angels in 1990. My friend was convinced he was going to be "in the Hall of Fame someday" and we should go to his first game. He went 3 for 4 and I heard about it all the way home.  I actually remember the phrase "The next Mantle." being uttered. After 4 games, he was hitting .353 with 6 RBI's and I was still hearing about it. A week later when he was hitting .200, my friend got really quiet.

Schmidt struggled his first year up,   hitting well below the Mendoza line and commiting a then Phillie rookie record,  17 errors.

However, Phillie management was patient with him and showed full confidence in the struggling young player They just kept sending him out there. come hell or high, water.

There was no monthly schizoid, Salt Lake Shuttle.

No needless, endless, lineup and batting order changes.

No confidence busting, late inning yanks.

The future hall of famer rewarded the Phillies with their first ever, World Championship in 1980.