• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The 2019 Prospect Problem

5 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Normally I'd say the "plug a hole" players won't be a problem, but so far, that's mostly what Eppler has brought in. 

I'd rather play a prospect over a plug player.

I would to, if it was one or two players and we weren’t rushing the prospect up.  JMF yes, Fletcher who knows, Hermosillo no.  

I was referring to going with minor leaguers worthy of playing but realistically no better than scrap heap one year veteran signings.

Those are plug a hole players too.

The point is filling a hole with a cheap player from the minors helps the payroll but it doesnt necessarily help win games if they are low impact players.

I worry about Hermosillo Thaiss Fletcher and Ward just not being good enough.

Individually  any of them could be a strategic piece in building a roster by just holding down a job for cheap.

But put four guys like that in your lineup and you might end up with way too much of the lineup being blahhhh.

I think if the Angels want to contend next year, they are going to need to sign or trade for a high impact offensive player.

I just don't get excited about Angel minor leaguers who project to be passable starting players.  The only thing worse is graduating 5 of them at the same time.

Hello .500.