• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani should DH the rest of the season

Chuck

If after the 3 weeks TJS isn't needed, then they should monitor the arm but also let him bat fulltime.   Forget pitching for the rest of the year.   Then in October/November, determine if TJS is needed.   If it is, he only misses whatever part of 2019 he needs to recover before resuming hitting and then is still ready to pitch come ST 2020.   

I disagree.  IF he needs TJ, then he should get it fixed ASAP.  

Reason, he has more value to the club long term as a pitcher, than a hitter.  
Second reason, we can make moves that are fully logical to replace the bat.

We could easily make a deal for a bat, Moustakis for example, to replace the offense.  

Edit:  if it has zero affect on his timetable, fine, but we all know thats not likely the case.  Waiting while he hits only to find out its going to be necessary would be a bad thing.   if letting him hit the duration means 2020 instead of 2019, i would oppose it and make external moves to replace the production. 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

I disagree.  IF he needs TJ, then he should get it fixed ASAP.  

Reason, he has more value to the club long term as a pitcher, than a hitter.  
Second reason, we can make moves that are fully logical to replace the bat.

We could easily make a deal for a bat, Moustakis for example, to replace the offense.  

See above.

He's not pitching again this year, so I think we all should give up on that one. It'd be silly to try to bring him back in September. I mean if we're in the World Series all bets are off ...but yeah.

The reason why it makes sense to wait this out with Ohtani is because he's going to miss all of 2019 and be ready for Spring Training 2020 whether he gets Tommy John Surgery tomorrow or he gets it in October. It really doesn't make a huge difference

27 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

He should never throw a pitch again. He shouldn't even throw, period. He's more valuable hitting every day at DH in our always-challenged offense. Albert can play some first base, take a couple days off each week, then be eased out the door by 2020.

Too valuable a player to miss entire seasons recovering from surgeries. And it could end up being multiple seasons. Who is the guy who's had three TJ's already? Forget his name.

confused gary coleman GIF

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

See above.

I had already seen those actually, and it doesnt change the opinion.  His bat can be replaced, his arm cannot. 
WE were a good team before him, we can be a good team without him.  he doesnt make or break us as far as im concerned.