• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Simmons swing

I am not arguing with success.  Believe me no complaints on production.

But am I alone on thinking his swing is terrible, mostly talking about his whole body "plunging" forward rather than normal rotation?

Hey whatever works but just saying if you saw this in a youth player you would cringe and try to fix it.  It's ugly.

6 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Andrelton Simmons might be the most athletic guy in all of baseball. He can simply get away with things that other guys can't. 

I agree. 

I think this guy would be a star in basketball as a shooting guard, in football as a WR and in Soccer as a whatever the F the position is that scores goals. 

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

But am I alone on thinking his swing is terrible, mostly talking about his whole body "plunging" forward rather than normal rotation?

Hey whatever works but just saying if you saw this in a youth player you would cringe and try to fix it.  It's ugly.

He changed to this swing last season to better results. Evidently it works for him and probably because he really doesn't create much power with a conventional swing. 

I'll take results over style points but certainly wouldn't suggest other players adopt it. 

Well, maybe Calhoun at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I agree. 

I think this guy would be a star in basketball as a shooting guard, in football as a WR and in Soccer as a whatever the F the position is that scores goals. 

Uhhh, duh...

It's the goalie.

9 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

I swear, sometimes he hits the ball with his head pointing down at the ground. Not sure how he sees the ball so well. Whatever, it works for him. 

I noticed that too, ha. I can’t complain given his great start, and he was robbed of a hit today.

17 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I actually like his swing. It's unconventional.