• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018-2019 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

3 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

It will be amazing if they don’t trade or sign him. 

7 minutes till the clock strikes midnight.  Haven't seen anything that he's signed or traded.  Weird.  You would think the Twitheads would be abuzz right now.

Ryan Kesler: 6 points in 26 games.

Kesler has a worse contract than Perry, Perry is on LTIR & insurance covers 80% of that i recently read. Then add in that Kesler has an extra year remaining on his contract.

So all Perry needs to do once he's back is get hurt again & when its clear he's finished, a salary floor team will be open to acquiring him since insurance will cover 80% of it but their will still be a cap hit so it helps them reach the salary floor.

5 hours ago, Pujols4MVP said:

Ryan Kesler: 6 points in 26 games.

Kesler has a worse contract than Perry, Perry is on LTIR & insurance covers 80% of that i recently read. Then add in that Kesler has an extra year remaining on his contract.

So all Perry needs to do once he's back is get hurt again & when its clear he's finished, a salary floor team will be open to acquiring him since insurance will cover 80% of it but their will still be a cap hit so it helps them reach the salary floor.

Even more concern about Kesler.  -11 on the plus minus.  For a defensive minded forward, that's a huge number.

Eklund.  So take it with a grain of salt since he's never right.  But hopefully he is for once.

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/On-Nylander-Fallout--Silfverberg-Simmonds-Flyers-GM-Hunt-and-Matthews/1/96317

On Jakob Silfverberg...

One of the most under-publicized available players out there is Jakob Silfverberg... Silfverberg is going to be perhaps the belle of the ball at this year's deadline, and a few teams are already talking to Anaheim...Florida LOVES this kid, Montreal has held several closed door discussions regarding Jake, and don't count out Rutherford in Pittsburgh.. Could a Kessel/Silfverberg swap happen?

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Eklund.  So take it with a grain of salt since he's never right.  But hopefully he is for once.

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/On-Nylander-Fallout--Silfverberg-Simmonds-Flyers-GM-Hunt-and-Matthews/1/96317

The Avs might be looking for a second line RW who can put the puck in the net by that time. Maybe they could offer up Shane Bowers

31 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I was reading that the Ducks are going to try hard to keep Silfverberg.  The last 4 games makes me think that I don’t  know what to think of the Ducks.  Strange game yesterday, power play was effective.  They only had the 25 SOG.  Anyway, great road trip. 

I think Silfverberg at $3-4 million would be great to keep.  But if we are talking about $5-6 million.  We need to trade him and get something for him.  

As a comporable, I think James Neal is there.  He's around a mid 40's point.  Although he has a upside that can go north of that.  Also can go south of that.  He just inked a $5.75 a season contract this offseason.  

Credit where credit is due.  I like this move.  The Ducks have a glut of puck moving d men and they traded one for a nice forward prospect.  Hopefully Sprong pans out.  I don’t know a ton about him but from what I understand he’s a pretty well regarded forward prospect.  Top 6 wing upside.  A lot of skill.  

We’ll see how it goes.