• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Felix Pena & Eduardo Paredes are up.. Moves expected shortly

Chuck

Good moves though. Paredes is a very good reliever that can get 6 outs and Felix Pena had a great Spring.

Shimpf in the starting lineup is kind of funny. 

It really feels like Eppler must know something about Shimpf that we don't. I think he has power in that swing if his, but I figured he's a career minor leaguer.

Guessing by the fact that they traded for him, have promoted him, and are now playing him, there's something to him. 

9 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

Schimpf? Ok I’m truly baffled by him getting playing time right now

No harm in giving guys some rest and giving someone a spot start.  He didn't look good in ST, but again, no harm on giving him one start.  

Keep in mind the guy posted an fWAR of 2.6 in little over half of the games in 2016. He regressed last year, but 2016 shows he definitely has the potential to be a useful player.  Obviously the key for him will to be generate an acceptable level of contact.

Today the Angels made the following transactions:

·   RHP Akeel Morris – Optioned to Salt Lake

·   RHP JC Ramirez – Placed on 10-day DL with right elbow strain (no retro)

·   RHP Felix Pena – Recalled from Salt Lake

·   RHP Eduardo Paredes – Recalled from Salt Lake

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

Good moves though. Paredes is a very good reliever that can get 6 outs and Felix Pena had a great Spring.

Shimpf in the starting lineup is kind of funny. 

It really feels like Eppler must know something about Shimpf that we don't. I think he has power in that swing if his, but I figured he's a career minor leaguer.

Guessing by the fact that they traded for him, have promoted him, and are now playing him, there's something to him. 

Hinske and company changed up Ohtani’s swing pretty quickly. Maybe they can do it for Schimpf.