• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. A's (4/7/2018)

Chuck

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

I'm saying MLB players........um..... single A players..... are expected to not lose balls in the lights.  You're saying he lost in the lights like that's a fair excuse.  Today I coached my kids little league team on how to block the sun with their gloves.  

This is just crap, sorry.  A line drive into the lights doesn’t allow you time to not lose it in the lights, sorry.  

1 minute ago, SuperTroopers said:

This is just crap, sorry.  A line drive into the lights doesn’t allow you time to not lose it in the lights, sorry.  

Angels play almost every game at night! You're saying every liner in the OF should be expected to be lost like that? I'm done with this topic.  

6 minutes ago, SuperTroopers said:

Are you saying he didn’t lose it in the lights?  How fucking stupid.  A line drive in the lights causes problems.  That is what happened, and I don’t know how anyone can actually pretend that wasn’t the case.  

dude if Simmons lost a ball in the lights no one would be saying he's a trash defender, ditto Calhoun/Cozart/Maldonado...

it's a compounding effect of past games that we have seen him play in the field, it would be impossible to regurgitate every example from our memory alone, but there is the idea that he is a poor defender in the minds of a lot of posters here for a reason 

Just now, Erstad Grit said:

Angels play almost every game at night! You're saying every liner in the OF should be expected to be lost like that? I'm done with this topic.  

No, but there are line drives that go into the lights.  If you need proof of it replay the play we are talking about.  

1 minute ago, IheartLA said:

dude if Simmons lost a ball in the lights no one would be saying he's a trash defender, ditto Calhoun/Cozart/Maldonado...

it's a compounding effect of past games that we have seen him play in the field, it would be impossible to regurgitate every example from our memory alone, but there is the idea that he is a poor defender in the minds of a lot of posters here for a reason 

Yes he has been bad in the outfield.  This wasn’t one of those times.  

Just now, SuperTroopers said:

No, but there are line drives that go into the lights.  If you need proof of it replay the play we are talking about.  

Why are you getting so frustrated arguing with somebody who might be baiting you? Balls have been lost in night lighting since the beginning of night baseball. Mays lost balls. Willie Davis lost balls. Mantle lost balls. Edmonds lost balls. All in the lights.

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

I've seen tons of those line drives hit to LF and no OF'er has ever had trouble with it before Upton.

So what is your reasoning?  Did he just suddenly become afraid of the ball?  He lost the damn thing in the lights, it has happened before whether you remember it or not it happens.  

8 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

I've seen tons of those line drives hit to LF and no OF'er has ever had trouble with it before Upton.

Empirical evidence by random samples. 

I've seen this a few times before, not just at Angels stadium but elsewhere. They did more modifications to the lighting again this year after changing them out to led last year which took quite a while for the players to adapt to. 

To be adament it doesn't or cant happen is just fool talk. 

Edited by Blarg

2 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Upton is not a good left fielder. He’s a fast athlete that can make up ground chasing fly balls but mostly because he didn’t get a good jump on the ball to begin with. To be fair to Upton, it’s because he’s actually more suited to play right field.