• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Patrick Corbin

8 minutes ago, TroutField said:

Was looking over the scores, dogs got 1 hit by Corbin and a couple d-backs relievers. Corbin also had 12 k’s

got me thinking about how shitty that Haren trade ended up turning out. Corbin and Skaggs was a huge cost for Haren. 

I think they sent Joe Saunders to Arizona too, in the deal.  So, it was Skaggs, Corbin, Rafael Rodriguez and Saunders for Dan Haren.  Damn.

8 hours ago, TroutField said:

Was looking over the scores, dogs got 1 hit by Corbin and a couple d-backs relievers. Corbin also had 12 k’s

got me thinking about how shitty that Haren trade ended up turning out. Corbin and Skaggs was a huge cost for Haren. 

Skaggs is serviceable but nothing great

corbin had a good 2013 but outside of that he hasn’t been anything special. Maybe this is the year he puts it together again. Dodgers still suck against lefties lol

id call it a wash. 

Haren pitched over 200 innings 8 straight years and had an ERA+ of 126 over that period .  In 2011 in his first full season with the Angels he pitched 238 innings, had an ERA of 3.17 and a WHIP of 1.02.  Both Weaver and Santana also threw over 200 innings and the Angels had a top 5 staff.  From 2012 on he had injuries and wasn't the same pitcher.  There's no way to predict if/when a guy will break down and at the time the Angels wanted a guy they thought could be legitimate number 2 which is what they got for a season and a half.  

Didn't like the trade at the time, 'cause  didn't think we really were ready to compete - I think I used some metaphor at the time, like we're getting shiny new rims for a car whose engine had blown up.  

And I loved Saunders - his reaction to the trade was a bit heart-breaking - but he wasn't that great, and Corbin and Skaggs have taken a long time to get anywhere (I was really high on Skaggs from when he was drafted - only now is he showing signs of what I thought he could be.)

Absent the Wells trade, and making a better move instead -  which would have included doing "nothing" - Napoli had real trade value, and we just gave him away in what I still think was the worst trade in baseball history.  So, maybe Haren could've put us over the top after that first half-season - with a better move other than Wells.   

So, maybe not as terrible a trade as I thought at the time.  Still pointless, though.  

13 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Haren pitched over 200 innings 8 straight years and had an ERA+ of 126 over that period .  In 2011 in his first full season with the Angels he pitched 238 innings, had an ERA of 3.17 and a WHIP of 1.02.  Both Weaver and Santana also threw over 200 innings and the Angels had a top 5 staff.  From 2012 on he had injuries and wasn't the same pitcher.  There's no way to predict if/when a guy will break down and at the time the Angels wanted a guy they thought could be legitimate number 2 which is what they got for a season and a half.  

It was short lived, but that era where weaver and haren were on top of their game was fun. They were a nasty duo.

So much hope going in to 12 with those two, santana and CJ wilson...so much of a letdown.

2011 Haren was super fun. Hindsight suggests bad move, but I liked it at the time, despite being a huge fan of how Saunders seemed to get so much with so little raw talent (relative to MLB elite pitchers).

One of my favorite Angels memories was the 2009 game against KC, with it being Saunders against an unreal Greinke who was at the time 6-0 on the season and had only allowed 2 ER all year, with 3 complete games. Thought we had no chance. Saunders goes complete game shutout, Greinke goes the distance too,  Angels win 1-0.

5/9/09 Game Log

11 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It was short lived, but that era where weaver and haren were on top of their game was fun. They were a nasty duo.

So much hope going in to 12 with those two, santana and CJ wilson...so much of a letdown.

Yeah, it was a let down and not what we expected....