• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler coming on MLB NOW on MLB Network shortly...

jordan

I'll do my best with what he said:

Likely to do a 6 man rotation during the periods of 17, 18, 19 games in a row.

Really unsure of how to keep Ohtani's bat active and how much cage work and batting practice he should do.

A question about Pujols about whether he needs to be managed differently at this point in his career...Eppler doesn't think so because this offseason should be a normal offseason with no physical therapy having been needed.

These were the main topics.

40 minutes ago, jordan said:

I'll do my best with what he said:

Likely to do a 6 man rotation during the periods of 17, 18, 19 games in a row.

Really unsure of how to keep Ohtani's bat active and how much cage work and batting practice he should do.

A question about Pujols about whether he needs to be managed differently at this point in his career...Eppler doesn't think so because this offseason should be a normal offseason with no physical therapy having been needed.

These were the main topics.

I think this is about what we expected. It will be interesting to see how quickly his bat adjusts and how much the team is able to get said bat into the lineup.

10 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

What's going to be interesting is if he's a better hitter than he is a starting pitcher, and....

If he's a better reliever, can you conceivably use him as an every day DH and then have him come in late to close games out (hoping it doesn't go extra innings because we then lose the DH spot). 

It will definitely be interesting to see how it all shakes out.  He has a long swing so I hope he can make the adjustments.  But ultimately, I hope he succeeds more at pitching than hitting.  Angels need a genuine Ace, and hopefully that's what he can become. 

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If so Cron will probably stay. 

I don't think that's what Eppler envisioned, but the market may be forcing his hand. Cron's little value is nothing when guys like LoMo and Duda are still on the board and may be signing for bottom-barrel deals soon as a result. He wasn't going to get much in a trade for Cron to begin with, but he may not even have anyone nibbling at this time.

Flip side - if Eppler is interested himself in those FA options who could do Cron's role while playing other positions, then Cron may wind up getting axed anyways. Both routes are on the table.