• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cesar Hernandez

Chuck

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

As I understand, the Phillies were asking for Jahmai Jones as the centerpiece of a Hernandez deal and talks stalled after that. Phillies won't let Hernandez go for nothing and Angels won't pay a premium in prospects for a non premium player.

Where did you read/hear that because I haven't read that anywhere.

25 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Cost factor, advantage: Hernandez

Players traded away factor, advantage: Gordon

No players involved in a trade, advantage: Cozart (Walker getting up there in years and injury issues)

Just for you know, advantage: Lowell

Angels Needs:

2Bman, 3Bman, Leadoff Hitter

Who can do both of those?

Hernandez and Gordon

For the age, I would go for Hernandez.

The Los Angeles Angels have also made an offer for second baseman Cesar Hernandez to fill the role of departing free agent Brandon Phillips. Hernandez proved to be a valuable leadoff hitter with speed and potential double-digit power over the last two season starting at second base.

Los Angeles has the weakest farm system in baseball, making any potential trade talks a struggle. General manager Matt Klentak knows the Angels farm system very well having worked in their front office before coming to Philadelphia.

https://thatballsouttahere.com/2017/12/04/phillies-rumor-club-receives-offers-freddy-galvis-cesar-hernandez/

Also in the article...some speculation:

Major league arms such as Garrett Richards could be in play when it comes to a potential Hernandez trade.

Just now, HaloNArizona said:

The Los Angeles Angels have also made an offer for second baseman Cesar Hernandez to fill the role of departing free agent Brandon Phillips. Hernandez proved to be a valuable leadoff hitter with speed and potential double-digit power over the last two season starting at second base.

Los Angeles has the weakest farm system in baseball, making any potential trade talks a struggle. General manager Matt Klentak knows the Angels farm system very well having worked in their front office before coming to Philadelphia.

https://thatballsouttahere.com/2017/12/04/phillies-rumor-club-receives-offers-freddy-galvis-cesar-hernandez/

Also in the article...some speculation:

Major league arms such as Garrett Richards could be in play when it comes to a potential Hernandez trade.

Lol

29 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

No players involved in a trade, advantage: Cozart (Walker getting up there in years and injury issues)

Walker and Cozart are essentially the same age (Cozart is a month older). Gordon is two years younger, and Hernandez is three years younger than Gordon. Kendrick is only two years older than Walker.

Kendrick - DOB 7-12-1983. Age 34 in 2018

Walker - DOB 9-10-1985. Age 32 in 2018

Cozart - DOB 8-12-1985. Age 32 in 2018

Gordon - DOB 4-22-1988. Age 30 in 2018

Hernandez - DOB 5-23-1990. Age 28 in 2018.

(Age on BR and other sites is as of July 1 that Year).

35 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I do love the Advantage Lowell Meme. That one I'll take credit for.

6 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

From Fansided...Here is there proposed deal:

https://thatballsouttahere.com/2017/11/27/phillies-mark-appel-alberto-tirado-outrighted-aaa/

PHILLIES GETOF JAHMAI JONES
RHP PARKER BRIDWELL
$200K INTERNATIONAL SIGNING MONEY
ANGELS GET2B CESAR HERNANDEZ
RHP VICTOR ARANO
LHP BAILEY FALTER

Well I can tell you immediately that is a bogus trade because International Bonus Pool money must be traded away in blocks of $250K (there is a separate provision when a team trades away all of its remaining pool money as well).

I know you liked the gist of the article HaloNArizona but is Fansided the new Bleacher Report?

22 minutes ago, ettin said:

Well I can tell you immediately that is a bogus trade because International Bonus Pool money must be traded away in blocks of $250K (there is a separate provision when a team trades away all of its remaining pool money as well).

I know you liked the gist of the article HaloNArizona but is Fansided the new Bleacher Report?

The trade was far-fetched...just sharing what is being said on other (Phillies) sites.

I'm not a fan of moving Bridwell, Jones or the pool money.

43 minutes ago, HaloNArizona said:

From Fansided...Here is there proposed deal:

https://thatballsouttahere.com/2017/11/27/phillies-mark-appel-alberto-tirado-outrighted-aaa/

PHILLIES GETOF JAHMAI JONES
RHP PARKER BRIDWELL
$200K INTERNATIONAL SIGNING MONEY
ANGELS GET2B CESAR HERNANDEZ
RHP VICTOR ARANO
LHP BAILEY FALTER

Fansided is nothing more than a fan blogger's opinion like Halos Heaven. 

Also, I'm not making that deal. 

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Cesar Hernandez you get for ages 28-30 at a cost of about $21M. His career OBP is .357, including .372 the past two years. He's a switch hitter.

Dee Gordon you get for ages 30-32, at a cost of $39M. His career OBP is .329, including .329 the last two years. He's a lefty.

There is also the cost of who you give up to get Cesar.

I think Billy will find it difficult to deal with Klentak who wants the moon for Hernandez, especially from the Angels.  Remember Klentak was hired by Dipoto.  I would actually prefer a veteran with a long established track record than Hernandez.  I say we should go for Walker or Gordon.  Also keep up the search for a strong 2B prospect to develop in our minor league system who could be ready in 2-3 years to replace either Walker or Gordon.  I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Cowart either, keep working on the hitting he's only 25.

8 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm surprised no one has commented on who is #451 out of 451 on that list of sprint speed. Not that we should be surprised.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sprint_speed_leaderboard

They should have ranked them by seismographic readings from home to first, and he would have ranked first.

1.  Prospects don't always pan out.

2. Our trade package only has to beat what other teams are willing to offer.

3. There are other second base options available to us.

All this combined makes me feel good about putting a package together for Hernandez.  There has to be a middle ground here.  If we can't find it, then move on.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

The 2012 Angels should definitely get Howie Kendrick.

Here's something that I've been wondering, and would like your thoughts on Jeff. Let's say the Giants trade for Stanton, and include Panik in the trade. Would you prefer to trade for Panik from the Marlins/Giants and what do you think it would realistically take to get him? 

1 hour ago, NorCal Halo said:

Cesar Hernandez = Eric Aybar

CH: .284/.357/.379 and 1.28 WAR/yr

EA: .271/.313/.372 and 1.98 WAR/yr

That's not really fair. Hernandez put up 3.1 and 3.3 WAR the last two seasons. He's pretty consistent now. A 3 WAR player making about 1/3 of market value for 3 years has a lot of value.

37 minutes ago, Dave Saltzer said:

Here's something that I've been wondering, and would like your thoughts on Jeff. Let's say the Giants trade for Stanton, and include Panik in the trade. Would you prefer to trade for Panik from the Marlins/Giants and what do you think it would realistically take to get him? 

Why would the Marlins get Panik from the Giants and then trade him and keep Gordon?