• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Louis CK

Brandon

Probably a mention on here somewhere, but surprised there wasn't a thread since we have had comedy threads and he seems very respected and liked here.

Accusations are one thing, but the dude came out and admitted it. Seems to be part of a new trend of outing.

I was never into him, but also admit I never really listened to him. I recently jumped back into comedy and writing probably two months ago and go to shows at a minimum of once a week. I remember the jokes of Cosby, and after Weinstein and Spacey in the comedy community.....but now it's one of their own. Went to two shows after the announcement, Friday here in Irvine and last night at The Comedy Store in Hollywood. Friday I think had a mention by the host, but it was general of people jacking off or being inappropriate. Whereas, last night, dudes kind of went in on the topic and Louis CK....one dude, Neal Brennan, who was a main writer for the Chappelle Show, even went into full blown discussion with the crowd about it. Interesting to be apart of the comedy community right after it happens. Interested to see what Joe Rogan and Bill Burr's podcast sound like this coming week.

Sounds like everything is cancelled for the dude and he will go into hiding. Timing is weird because every now and then you'll get random surprise visits to The Comedy Store by heavy hitters like Chappelle or Louis Anderson was just there where they show up unannounced and just jump on stage. Louis CK actually just did that last week surprising guests.

He was included in the #metoo thread. Yes, no charges have been filed and there is a good chance the statutes of limitations expired on the two groupies that went to the hotel after the show. That incident makes him creepy, not a criminal. The other incidents... Meh, still creepy but...

The real shitty part of this is these women can destroy his career, cut off his income, wreck his family a decade later because they want to be part of a collective group witch hunt with absolutely no responsibility for what they are doing.

At some point your life stories are only that if you didn't take action at the time. Punishing someone tremendously by destroying their career and family 10-25 years later by sounding off should actually cause an equal response. 

And the industry needs to grow a pair and not overreact to an incident vs a crime.

Brandon, from your post (just to clarify) are you saying people have been making jokes about those guys before all these accusations came out, or recently? I saw something the other day that family guy made a joke 10 years ago about kevin spacey being a molestor. I wonder if that was a coincidence, or if people knew?

Im kind of with blarg on this. Ive never watched louis ck, had never heard of weinstein before this, spacey is the only one i recognize. Obviously some of the stuff said about him sounds bad. But i think a lot of this will be blown out of proportion.

Im biased....the vast majority of rape calls ive taken werent rape. Not trying to sound like an asshole, but at lesst in my experience, the majoritt have been "i regret doing that, i feel raped". Ive also watched time and time again young girls throw themselves at ballplayers who were nobody special, and barely spoke english...because they were ballplayers. So again, im biased (and admit maybe im not looking at it right).

Of what ive read so far, thr lamest one was the chick who said george bush senior sexually assaulted her...and the picture of the event shows him to be pretty much a corpse in a wheelchair...im doubting that was him being innappropriate, and more teetering on senile if anything.

45 minutes ago, Blarg said:

At some point your life stories are only that if you didn't take action at the time. Punishing someone tremendously by destroying their career and family 10-25 years later by sounding off should actually cause an equal response. 

don 't know if you were old enough to remember when clarence thomas was up for consideration for the SCOTUS. anita hill came forward and testified about him being sexually inappropriate with her. a joke that made the rounds was Have you heard about the new Anita Hill doll? You wind it up and 10 years later it starts talking.

someone said there's a difference between committing a crime and just being a creepy perv. it's a good point that might be getting lost in all of these #metoo scenarios.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

He was included in the #metoo thread. Yes, no charges have been filed and there is a good chance the statutes of limitations expired on the two groupies that went to the hotel after the show. That incident makes him creepy, not a criminal. The other incidents... Meh, still creepy but...

The real shitty part of this is these women can destroy his career, cut off his income, wreck his family a decade later because they want to be part of a collective group witch hunt with absolutely no responsibility for what they are doing.

And the industry needs to grow a pair and not overreact to an incident vs a crime.

Louis admitted it was all true. What exactly is your issue?

I read it. It seems like you think that people shouldn't say true things that every party involved confirms happened.

You also claim one party is facing repercussions (cut off income, destroyed career, destroyed family) that don't seem to be supported by anything. He lost some future work; it's been less than a week, no one knows about the rest of his career; I'm pretty sure none of us know his family.

You also claim that none of these women said anything at the time. 

But Ms. Goodman and Ms. Wolov said that when they told others about the incident in the Colorado hotel room, they heard that Louis C.K.’s manager was upset that they were talking about it openly. The women feared career repercussions.

Overall, you seem to be conflating the women who told their stories and those that Louis CK has business dealings with who have decided they don't want to work with a creep. 

So, again, what exactly is your issue with that?

3 hours ago, Tank said:

don 't know if you were old enough to remember when clarence thomas was up for consideration for the SCOTUS. anita hill came forward and testified about him being sexually inappropriate with her. a joke that made the rounds was Have you heard about the new Anita Hill doll? You wind it up and 10 years later it starts talking.

someone said there's a difference between committing a crime and just being a creepy perv. it's a good point that might be getting lost in all of these #metoo scenarios.

Agreed. As i mentioned above, a hige chunk of the rape investigations ive taken have been unfounded by asking the victim "did you tell him no, stop, or anything like that?" And they say no. And i ask "why do you think it was rape?", and theyll say because they were drinking and felt they got taken advantage of.

Again, im not trying to downplay actual incidents where women are raped, or taken advantage of. But its kind of eye rolling to accuse someone of that serious of a crime when you willingly went somewhere with a guy, willingly messed around, then never said or implied "stop, dont go further."

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

I'm saying exploiting the moment 15 years later is dissengenuous. If the the women that went to his room after hours and we're not traumatized enough to file some complaint then, their actions now are exploitative and vicious. 

Well reiterating the point that they did talk about it at the time and felt silenced, using the word "exploiting" makes it sound like there's something in it for them. I don't really see any evidence of that, and it's just as easy to speculate that they finally felt it wouldn't be career suicide to say negative things about an industry titan.

4 hours ago, calscuf said:

I've been pretty clear about my opinions on LCK in the metoo thread.

If these bitches ruin his career because he whipped out his dick, I'm going to go loco.

If his career is ruined because he kept whipping his dick out...it’s pretty clear he fucked himself in more ways than one

On 11/12/2017 at 12:14 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Brandon, from your post (just to clarify) are you saying people have been making jokes about those guys before all these accusations came out, or recently? I saw something the other day that family guy made a joke 10 years ago about kevin spacey being a molestor. I wonder if that was a coincidence, or if people knew?

Im kind of with blarg on this. Ive never watched louis ck, had never heard of weinstein before this, spacey is the only one i recognize. Obviously some of the stuff said about him sounds bad. But i think a lot of this will be blown out of proportion.

Im biased....the vast majority of rape calls ive taken werent rape. Not trying to sound like an asshole, but at lesst in my experience, the majoritt have been "i regret doing that, i feel raped". Ive also watched time and time again young girls throw themselves at ballplayers who were nobody special, and barely spoke english...because they were ballplayers. So again, im biased (and admit maybe im not looking at it right).

Of what ive read so far, thr lamest one was the chick who said george bush senior sexually assaulted her...and the picture of the event shows him to be pretty much a corpse in a wheelchair...im doubting that was him being innappropriate, and more teetering on senile if anything.

kind of both.

when all these events came out they just became current event jokes. i was at the comedy store about a month ago when the weinstein thing broke. if any comic on stage was losing the crowd they would just crack a weinstein joke and get the room back.

however, it's coming out that people knew a long time ago about these things, but it was just accepted or known to where they treated it like common knowledge...."be careful around cosby" type of shit and people would just give others the heads up. ironically, the bill cosby shit broke because of a joke during a comedy bit. hannibal burress cracked some perverted joke and his punch line was something like, "but at least i'm not like bill cosby". people laughed but were like "what?", people started digging, and the avalanche came down. so it was kind of what you mention with the family guy joke.....just joked about, but this time people actually dug into it and we all know what happened.

joe rogan talks about this with people when it's brought up how he knew back in the news radio days about cosby or how he heard through the grapevine about weinstein or spacey. so kind of just accepted common knowledge. 

37 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Gotcha. Im not usually a celebrity gossip guy, but would be curious of who has the devious rep out there 

it sounds like more. when joe rogan and whichever guest he has on touches on the subject there seems to be other "stories", but the dudes also state that it's not empirical evidence and constitutes hearsay, so they don't drop names in case they are rumors.

16 hours ago, calscuf said:

Are you going to start with the penis shaming now?  What other part of the human anatomy causes more disgust and fear than the penis?  And instead of standing with your brothers against this you are perpetuating this lie that the penis is something bad, something dirty.  

I applaud LCK.  He is proud of his penis.  I think it's about time we all were again.

make_php.png.3e6913dc7dc2e5d3f239d989b3fe31e1.png