• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Terry Collins resigns

Billy_Ball

sounds like deja vu......

I liked Collins when the Halos hired him.........he was pretty much a Los Angeles Dodgers organization lifer when the Angels hired him away way back when.

Geez did that whole situation turn around (for the worse) quickly.

Mo Vaughn slipped on the dugout steps -- I think GAME ONE of the season and Terry Collins slipped on his attitude.

Both were pretty much done from that point on...........perhaps one of the worst periods/ seasons (in terms of team chemistry) in Halos' franchise history rivaling the Chico Ruiz pulling a gun in the locker room on Alex Johnson incident..........

15 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Have you read the recent reports out of NYC?   The clubhouse had turned on him, he was pretty much universally hated and he ignored the front office's requests to keep from overextending pitchers.

Basically, history repeated itself.

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Terry Collins is a terrible manager.  

The Mariners might have an opening soon? :D

5 hours ago, disarcina said:

I liked Collins when the Halos hired him.........he was pretty much a Los Angeles Dodgers organization lifer when the Angels hired him away way back when.

Mo Vaughn slipped on the dugout steps -- I think GAME ONE of the season and Terry Collins slipped on his attitude.

Both were pretty much done from that point on...........perhaps one of the worst periods/ seasons (in terms of team chemistry) in Halos' franchise history rivaling the Chico Ruiz pulling a gun in the locker room on Alex Johnson incident..........

Mo Vaughn......I would love to go the rest of my life not seeing that name...

11 hours ago, disarcina said:

Collins had been with Pittsburgh and then managed the Astros for three years.  He was fired there after a late season collapse where the clubhouse had turned on him.  

This pretty much summed up Terry Collins...  " The Astros were a talented team when Collins was there (1994–96). They finished second three times, but failed to make the playoffs because their manager exerted too much pressure on them. He was so uptight, his players thought each pitch was life-or-death. It wasn't anything Terry said; it was his demeanor. Collins was edgy in the dugout during games, always looking like someone who was just waiting for disaster to strike. At the moment anything actually went wrong you could smell the panic in him. Players picked up on that. To alleviate the tension the manager was bringing to the clubhouse, they put added pressure on themselves to perform well, which invariably choked off their natural abilities so that they can't play their best. It's no coincidence that the Astros became a post-season participant once Houston replaced Collins with Larry Dierker"

When he wasn't busy choking the life out of a clubhouse he was wrecking arms...   Terry Collins was the worst.

14 hours ago, disarcina said:

But the uniforms 

Terry Collins did manage at Houston and Pittsburgh before the Halos -- kind of forgot about that.

But he was a Dodger organization lifer at one point - check his minor league managerial record and there's  a string of Dodger affiliates there over a ten year plus period. Am sure he spent a number of years at Albuquerque --

I don't remember Bobby Winkles being that terrible -- I mean his record and teams were terrible (he only managed the Halos for about two seasons?) but he was sort of a real baseball guy -- wasn't the fairly long time baseball head coach at Arizona State before taking the Halos job?  I think he also managed the White Sox at one point.