• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

31 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Not really

image.png.464b17fdaadfb9a2f05b79d7411a3255.png

I don’t think anyone disputes we are trending warner. The cause is where we generally disagree. It’s quite a leap to make a assumptions off 20 years of data  for a planet they claim is billions of years old. Why not start small and have the weather man forecast the weather correctly for a week. On his best days he’s usually off a degree or two 

6 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I don’t think anyone disputes we are trending warner. 

50 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I think we changed the name because the earth went like 11 straight years of cooling. 

You appear to be disputing it.

Also, if you look at the timeline thats not 20 years of data, but 140 years of data. Not sure what the weather man being off one or two degrees a day has to do with anything.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

You appear to be disputing it.

Also, if you look at the timeline thats not 20 years of data, but 140 years of data. Not sure what the weather man being off one or two degrees a day has to do with anything.

Yes I’m guilty of using climate change meaning man caused climate change. The temperature increases certainly don’t align perfectly with the industrial revolution. Our predictions on carbon fuel supplies have been wildly off. There is very little in modern science that is subjected to serious debate. Essentially the science crowd is an explosion took place which set off the evolution of a perfectly  functioning ecosystem that can sustain thousands of species. Evolution is such a powerful process that it overcomes every environmental factor until carbon emissions surfaced. One might say we are being a bit selfish in trying to preserve our way of life. Hell we’re holding back a superior living organism that can sustain life in conditions that we can’t. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya ok.  So that’s why you killed it with a hammer.  Whatever man I don’t give a shit.  You’re a weird freak.  All of your posts support that.  The killing squirrels with hammers was not something I would have anticipated but hey.  We’re just on the internet.  Hard to tell. 

KC you musta fucked up bad if the goth kid is calling you a weird freak.

On 5/28/2022 at 5:55 PM, Lou said:

Has anyone here ever encountered an intruder in their home? 

Yes. About ten years ago, I was house-sitting a ground-floor flat in Clapham, London. Early in the morning, heard a crack from the sitting room window and thought maybe kids on their way to school had cracked a window with a football or something. So I slipped out of bed and strolled to the sitting room, butt naked and half asleep, looked over to the window and a guy was standing there in the flat dusting his hands off. We both froze for a fraction of a second:

"What do you think you're doing? Get out", I said sort of calmly and quite surprised, while my brain was working out angles and distances and times to various weapons and blunt instruments around the place, (amazing how fast your brain works in situations like that).

The guy was frozen to the spot - possibly doing the same angles and times calculations but with my lap-top as his prize, maybe working out that he was clothed and a good 50lbs heavier than the naked guy, but the naked guy was in good shape and didn't seem to give a shit about the clothing thing. Then the anger came: the cheeky bastard!

I started advancing towards him, raising my voice and pointing at the open window he'd come in through, "Go on, get out! Get the fuck out! Now!". Luckily this jolted him into action and he pretty much flew through the window (somehow only leaving half a palm print behind) and ran off. Didn't feel shaken up at all, a bit of adrenaline, but went back to bed with my girlfriend (who luckily had stayed in bed throughout wondering who I was shouting at).

Speaking to the police later, they said burglars and housebreakers are cowards who don't like confrontation, hence the choice of crime, otherwise they'd be robbers or muggers etc. Lucky for me, a fight would have been a nasty affair. 

It didn't bother me much at the time. But for at least two years afterwards, if there was the slightest noise in my house at night the adrenaline would kick in and I'd be up and stalking around the place armed with a cosh. 

So, on the one hand I'm glad neither of us had a gun, because that day would have had a far less peaceful outcome. But on the other hand, a gun under my pillow those two years afterwards would have been very reassuring. 

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ya ok.  So that’s why you killed it with a hammer.  Whatever man I don’t give a shit.  You’re a weird freak.  All of your posts support that.  The killing squirrels with hammers was not something I would have anticipated but hey.  We’re just on the internet.  Hard to tell. 

Bro, this is a reference to Christmas Vacation 

Edited by Jason

2 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Yes. About ten years ago, I was house-sitting a ground-floor flat in Clapham, London. Early in the morning, heard a crack from the sitting room window and thought maybe kids on their way to school had cracked a window with a football or something. So I slipped out of bed and strolled to the sitting room, butt naked and half asleep, looked over to the window and a guy was standing there in the flat dusting his hands off. We both froze for a fraction of a second:

"What do you think you're doing? Get out", I said sort of calmly and quite surprised, while my brain was working out angles and distances and times to various weapons and blunt instruments around the place, (amazing how fast your brain works in situations like that).

The guy was frozen to the spot - possibly doing the same angles and times calculations but with my lap-top as his prize, maybe working out that he was clothed and a good 50lbs heavier than the naked guy, but the naked guy was in good shape and didn't seem to give a shit about the clothing thing. Then the anger came: the cheeky bastard!

I started advancing towards him, raising my voice and pointing at the open window he'd come in through, "Go on, get out! Get the fuck out! Now!". Luckily this jolted him into action and he pretty much flew through the window (somehow only leaving half a palm print behind) and ran off. Didn't feel shaken up at all, a bit of adrenaline, but went back to bed with my girlfriend (who luckily had stayed in bed throughout wondering who I was shouting at).

Speaking to the police later, they said burglars and housebreakers are cowards who don't like confrontation, hence the choice of crime, otherwise they'd be robbers or muggers etc. Lucky for me, a fight would have been a nasty affair. 

It didn't bother me much at the time. But for at least two years afterwards, if there was the slightest noise in my house at night the adrenaline would kick in and I'd be up and stalking around the place armed with a cosh. 

So, on the one hand I'm glad neither of us had a gun, because that day would have had a far less peaceful outcome. But on the other hand, a gun under my pillow those two years afterwards would have been very reassuring. 

He was probably afraid of your willy.

3 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Yes I’m guilty of using climate change meaning man caused climate change. The temperature increases certainly don’t align perfectly with the industrial revolution. Our predictions on carbon fuel supplies have been wildly off. There is very little in modern science that is subjected to serious debate. Essentially the science crowd is an explosion took place which set off the evolution of a perfectly  functioning ecosystem that can sustain thousands of species. Evolution is such a powerful process that it overcomes every environmental factor until carbon emissions surfaced. One might say we are being a bit selfish in trying to preserve our way of life. Hell we’re holding back a superior living organism that can sustain life in conditions that we can’t. 

I will fully admit that the science crowd has overstated what the impact of climate change will be. We will survive in a world that looks a little different than the one we live in now, but it will be an expensive transition.

There is precedence in the history of our planet. It was the evolution of photosynthesis that oxygenated the atmosphere and the evolution of land plants that changed the climate and killed off a majority of species. There was a long stretch where no bacteria could break down dead trees, and that shit just pilled up like plastics do today. The world will adapt to us like it adapted to major biological changes in it's past. Maybe 75% of species don't make it but in the big picture the planet doesn't care, it just chugs along.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

Bring your AR just in case you run into a bear.

The only friend I have that ran into a bear was armed with a rifle and it didn’t help, so I’ll pass.  Hammers gonna be my weapon of choice.

16 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq1nYCn6Blk

8 minutes ago, mmc said:

There’s nothing funnier than watching the same lib politicians who had aneurysms over the Supreme Court leak now cry that republicans are the “party of dead children”.  

3,000 a day.

You do know most of those 3,000 would rob you without a second thought in like 15 years, right?