• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Playoffs Thread

Ohtaniland

Just now, Calzone said:

It’s a pussified rule that changed the game forever. 

I've heard it called before: The Buster Posey rule....

Because when he got creamed behind the plate, the owner of the Giants threw a fit and got the ball rolling...

I could be wrong, but that's what I read somewhere?

Yeah, there's no other way of putting it. 

The catcher is supposed to block the plate, not leave the fucking path open and have a halfassed attempt to get the guy. 

I hope Maddon got his say in.............................

Maddon can say whatever he wants, the rule is in the books. Had it not been his catcher is getting steam rolled on that play and, like Posey, may be out of the game for the rest of the series. 

Easier to recover one run or from one lost game than lose a starting catcher. 

Edited by Blarg

3 minutes ago, daygloman said:

I've heard it called before: The Buster Posey rule....

Because when he got creamed behind the plate, the owner of the Giants threw a fit and got the ball rolling...

I could be wrong, but that's what I read somewhere?

Yeah, there's no other way of putting it. 

The catcher is supposed to block the plate, not leave the fucking path open and have a halfassed attempt to get the guy. 

I hope Maddon got his say in.............................

I would welcome back old time baseball any day of the week. 

D4CFE9A8-AE40-4947-B727-8B593DEF016C.gif

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Maddon can say whatever he wants, the rule is in the books. Had it not been his catcher is getting steam rolled on that play and, like Posey, may be out of the game for the rest of the series. 

Easier to recover one run or from one lost game than lose a starting catcher. 

You've got a good point.

2 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

If a catcher is worried about getting hurt then they should stand out of the way, it shouldn't be a mandatory rule that they do so. Catchers should be able to block the plate and runners should be able to run into them if they do.

Why should they be able to block the plate? Ever put one second of thought into that or is it just some knuckle dragging man code you are hanging on to.