• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia on protesting during the anthem

Chuck

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I dont recall saying it "sickened me."  But for 47 millionth time in a discussion on a message board someone puts up a false target to argue against.

I think it is wrong to protest at work because it isn't your time.  It is your company/your employers time.

By all means go berserk with your social cause on your own time.

My position really could not be any more clear but you have me, if I can get them all in without forgetting one:

-"Sickened"

-Against people protesting

-Descendents of disgusting racists (not so subtly calling me a racist)

-A soft snowflake

I am pretty confident any normal person with no agenda who can read and comprehend simple sentences would conclude you are 0-4 on the four bullet points above.

I think cutting your toenails at work is wrong too.  I suppose I am nauseous, against personal hygeine, decendents of filthy disease spreaders, and sure throw in the snowflake again.

Ok, so it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the game, but you could see how it would bother some viewers,  I think that is what you are saying.  You are just looking out for the owners because their employees are protesting "on the job".  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok, so it doesn't affect your enjoyment of the game, but you could see how it would bother some viewers,  I think that is what you are saying.  You are just looking out for the owners because their employees are protesting "on the job".  

Message board challenges. . .to communicate clarity.

I still like football.  But I think this particular issue does "contaminate" the purity of what I personally think the intended product for the consumer is, the product the owner likely want to deliver in its purest form.  A football game to entertain.

Does it ruin it?  No.  But I think if the owner don't want the distraction, they ought to stand up for their own businesses and demand the protests don't belong at work and be willing to enforce it.

I get that they don't want to fire Kareem Hunt or Lev Bell or Antonio Brown.  That's a problem for the product too.

So I can't help but just conclude that the players have selfishly put the owners in a bad spot.  It's inappropriate.

Especially when they could easily unite and organize in other ways off the field that don't put the owners in a bad spot.

Can't wait for the big World Series kneeling ceremony. Maybe they can mix it in with the Stand Up For Cancer program so YK can really give a shit. First you kneel then stand up. Two birds with one stone. All the while YK can complain he doesn't want his sporting event ruined by cancer, he watches baseball to escape these things for a few short hours.

And we can all laugh at him.

19 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Can't wait for the big World Series kneeling ceremony. Maybe they can mix it in with the Stand Up For Cancer program so YK can really give a shit. First you kneel then stand up. Two birds with one stone. All the while YK can complain he doesn't want his sporting event ruined by cancer, he watches baseball to escape these things for a few short hours.

MLB or the NFL as an organization deciding to align with a specific cause is quite a bit different than individual players individually protesting ther personal issues on company time.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

How about moments of silence before games after things like the Las Vegas shootings?

Is that political?

You mean something the owners want to do versus something the employees do without the permission of the owners?  Seems like a pretty easy question to figure out.

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

You haven't looked hard enough.

i googled "what has happened because nfl players are protesting" and got nothing other than an explanation of why they're taking a knee. if you have information other than that, please share. google didn't seem to have anything.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

I dont recall saying it "sickened me."  But for 47 millionth time in a discussion on a message board someone puts up a false target to argue against.

I think it is wrong to protest at work because it isn't your time.  It is your company/your employers time.

By all means go berserk with your social cause on your own time.

My position really could not be any more clear but you have me, if I can get them all in without forgetting one:

-"Sickened"

-Against people protesting

-Descendents of disgusting racists (not so subtly calling me a racist)

-A soft snowflake

I am pretty confident any normal person with no agenda who can read and comprehend simple sentences would conclude you are 0-4 on the four bullet points above.

I think cutting your toenails at work is wrong too.  I suppose I am nauseous, against personal hygeine, decendents of filthy disease spreaders, and sure throw in the snowflake again.

Good point.  What word should I use to describe your feeling about seeing the protests.  By the tone of your posts, I said that they 'sickened' you.  You have informed me that I was wrong.

You fill in the blank.

"The protests ______ me."

39 minutes ago, Tank said:

i googled "what has happened because nfl players are protesting" and got nothing other than an explanation of why they're taking a knee. if you have information other than that, please share. google didn't seem to have anything.

I thought you asked why.

There has been no changes that I know of.  I guess that is why they are still kneeling.  

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Dude, I am not watching any four hour baseball games, so they can stand for cancer all they want.

In a GREAT piece of news, the NFL shitcanned the whole PINKTOBER bullshit this year.  HOORAY! No fucking pink socks.  No pink towels. No pink cheerleaders.  It is FRIGGING AWESOME.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

You mean something the owners want to do versus something the employees do without the permission of the owners?  Seems like a pretty easy question to figure out.

I was just asking if those other "statements" bother anyone?

Breast cancer awareness day. Organ donor awareness. Reviving baseball in inner cities. Anti-bullying. 

Also: I don't think anyone has argued that a league doesn't have the right to stop any protests they don't like. I agree that they do. As of now, they haven't, so apparently the NFL believes there is more harm than good to come from using its muscle to stifle these protests. 

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Yeah, here's the thing, and one of the reasons I don't give a shit.  It's not MY time.  The Star Spangled Banner isn't going any faster or slower whether a fist is raised, or someone is kneeling.  

Kickoff is still 1:05 local whether they are standing, kneeling or doing jumping jacks.

DON'T CARE

36 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Yeah, here's the thing, and one of the reasons I don't give a shit.  It's not MY time.  The Star Spangled Banner isn't going any faster or slower whether a fist is raised, or someone is kneeling.  

Kickoff is still 1:05 local whether they are standing, kneeling or doing jumping jacks.

DON'T CARE

Yeah here's the thing. . .nobody said it was wasting any time or taking away their time or making time go faster or slower.  So let's add this to the growing list of things you say that have literally nothing to do with my point.  Are we at five misfired now?

They are on the clock at work.  It's not their time.  And if the employer wants them standing for the national anthem, they need to stand and stop being selfish jerks putting their employer in a bad spot.

Ultimately as this talking develops, the question is if the employer will cower to to their employees worried that not-clear-thinking people will view them as insensitive or callous to social issues or even racist.

By the way, I am not asking you to care.

I dont really really really care other than I am willing to express my point of view on it as my brain processes it and very easily comcludes these guys are exploitimg their employer (not cool), putting them in an awkward position (not cool) and most likely being typical 2017 selfish "look at me" Facebook generation, addicted to attention idiots who think symbolism is substance.

So whatever.  I got a fantasy team and I watch the game.  But are they intentionally or unintentionally being dicks?  Yeah.  Dicks to their employers mostly.  And I am willing to say it.

So be it.  I dont REALLY expect more from the typical 2017 22-28 yr old football player.

Well, I am on the clock at work many times while I am posting on Angels win.com. I'd be a complete hypocrite if I expected everybody else to be completely dedicated to the owners goals and objectives every minute that they are on the clock.

They haven't invented the instrument yet which can quantify how large my disinterest is if NFL players are protesting on the employer's dime.

@Dtwncbad The NFL allows its players to protest during the anthem. There has been squawking about it, but they have not done anything about it. 

1. Why do you think that is?

2. Since you seem to be most concerned with employers maintaining their rights to control their employees, are you OK with the protests as long as the league makes no rule against them?