• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday: 9/20 Indians @ Angels

10 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

TD is trying way too hard. He's better when the trolling is subtle.

A ten-year old could tell you this is not an above average team by any reasonable definition of the term.

I think maybe you're wrong or your definition of a above average team is skewered a little by their current play against the best teams. 

^^I liked this.

Also, average is a weird term. They are average in that they are close to .500, but at the same time they are probably the best team not going to the playoffs at the moment - except for maybe the Cards. its...been a strange year...

I'm starting to really lose hope on this year (I think the relief is gassed for the rest of the season, and that has been a big part of why we are where we are), but they appear to be in a pretty good position going into '18. Shore up some weak areas, Eppy maybe makes a few grabs at under-rated relief pitchers, maybe trade some starting depth that has trouble staying healthy (I'm sure a lot of teams are looking for a lottery ticket), and we will probably be a major contender.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

You do realize Trout is a contributing factor to that right now? 

That is exactly my point.  This should not rest exclusively on Trout's performance.  I don't think the Angels would even be this close to the wildcard without Trout's superhuman performance earlier in the year.  It is a shame that he has not done more at this time in the season, but he has done more throughout the season than most everyone else in the lineup.

11 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Vlad was my favorite player when I started watching baseball and it just sucked to see him struggle in the postseason. Although he did it a grand slam in the 2004 postseason though. :)

he did pretty good in 2009 playoffs.  The problem is small sample size of the playoffs.  Trout is struggling but when his career is over people wouldn't even bat an eye about this slump.  The problem is we weren't expected to be in this position and it is costing us.

3 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Sigh, Angels had to somehow go 3-3 this week but now it's looking like 2-4 might be the best case scenario

The Twins have gone 4-6 the last ten with the last 3 losses in a row and the Angels have been unable to close any ground on them.

It's looking like it's just another tease. [/sigh]

17 hours ago, Corona said:

I'm sure they do, but again, I asked only about defense. 

btw, he's second in all of baseball and first in the AL. 

On 9/20/2017 at 8:39 PM, Troll Daddy said:

I can't thing of a starting pitcher on our staff who would be doing any better right now ... can you?

On 9/20/2017 at 8:44 PM, Troll Daddy said:

I'm all ears :)

On 9/20/2017 at 8:52 PM, Lou said:

Richards

Still.

Serious question...

Are you ever right?