• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vicente Campos and Mike Morin DFA'd

Chuck

31 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Hopefully Eppler is scouring the receiving FAs on the waiver wire. Couple live arms out there still who could be helpful in a pinch.

Noe Ramirez has looked good. Gurka not bad either.

How about this guy....   https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/09/red-sox-activate-carson-smith-designate-kyle-martin.html

43 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

That's a shame about Campos. If he's healthy, he's a front of the rotation starter or late inning reliever. It's clear he just can't stay on the mound though.

I'm hoping he clears waivers and the Angels stash him. It was a good time to make that move if that's their goal. Eppler has done a good job of retaining depth with players outrighted off the 40-man or bringing players back on minor deals.

and that's with the expanded September call up roster.......wow -- i guess no room on the 40 man OUCH.

Met members of Morin's family a few years back at a Halos Fan Fest deal - they were all from KC -- I think it was his sister and her husband and Morin's parents. Nice people.

Morin's been with the Halos (back and forth from SLC) for about  five years now or so.....he'll catch on elsewhere.

some team will pick these guys up and stash them for their pen next year.

12 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Yes. Anyone in the organization on 8/31 (majors, minors or DL) is eligible. 

Thank you. I appreciate all you do here. 

I misunderstood the rule as you had to have been on the 25 man roster at some point before sept 1st.  Thank you for the clarification. 

23 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

How long before Dipoto picks up Morin?

One of the first things I thought when I read this.

Dipoto to his analytics department: "Guys! He has a 20 mph velocity differential between his fastball and change up! Didn't you read the FanGraphs article in late 2015 showing all pitchers in the league with the greatest FB to CH differentials in the game? This is a steal!"

FULL DISCLOSURE: I actually like Mike Morin too.

Edited by ettin