• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Great Baseball Quotes

There's plenty of material for this one. I'll start.

"Tired of tossing a little five-ounce baseball for two hours? I used to be a butcher. From four in the morning until eight at night, I knocked down steers with a 25-pound sledge. Tired from playing two hours a day for 10 times the money I used to get for 16 hours a day?" – Old Hoss Radbourn after being asked if he got tired from pitching so often.

Charles Radbourn's 1884 season: 59-12, 1.38 ERA,  205 ERA+ , 2.75 FIP,  0.922 WHIP, 19.1 WAR, 73 GS, 73 CG, 678.2 IP, 441 SO, 98 BB

Radbourn%20Charles%201190.63%20PD.jpg

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

SB attempts, I don't mind.   It's the giving up an out via the sacrifice bunt that I don't care for, because the runner can steal second just about as easily and then no out is wasted getting the runner to 2nd.

Caleb Joseph was LUCKY last night.   He usually REEKS at throwing runners out!

Angels are 23rd in baseball in sacrifices this year.  They are exactly in the middle of the American League.  So maybe Mike agrees with you about sacrifice.  The Angels are first in stolen bases in baseball.  

Edited by Stradling

I walk into the clubhouse today and it’s like walking into the Mayo Clinic. We have four doctors, three therapists and five trainers. Back when I broke in, we had one trainer who carried a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and by the 7th inning he’d already drunk it.

- Tommy Lasorda

The only thing I know about it is that it’s in New Jersey.

- Phillies prospect Michael Crouwel, from The Netherlands, when asked his opinion of Philadelphia

There ain't no genius here. Strategy in baseball is overrated. People say, 'That Weaver, he plays for the long ball too much.' You bet I do. Hit 'em out. Then I got no worry about somebody lousing up a bunt, I got no worry about the hit and run - and that's really overrated - I got no worry about base-running errors. And I can't screw it up myself.

Earl Weaver

Baseball is like driving, it's the one who gets home safely that counts.

Tommy Lasorda