• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Wild Card Tracker

Chuck

28 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It's stir crazy that 7 teams are still only 3 games apart for the 2nd WC spot nearing the close of August.   Toronto has pretty much dropped out of it.

I wonder how long it will be until a team that's close to a WC spot decides to sell off all non-essential parts and makes a killing off of all this "contention" that the new system has led to. 

3 hours ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

I wonder how long it will be until a team that's close to a WC spot decides to sell off all non-essential parts and makes a killing off of all this "contention" that the new system has led to. 

How many players on a 25 man roster that could help a contender get through waivers without  being claimed?

Outside of the crappy ones or the over paid ones, I don't think any quality players would get through.

Keep in mind it took a 7 game winning streak for the Orioles to pull even with the Angels. The Mariners have been right there with us, if not ahead of us, almost all season. They're still the bigger threat in my eyes. Plus we have enough games with them still for them to catch or pass us.

Very happy the Orioles won today. Yankees may lose their doubleheader. Tonight would be a great night for an Angels win, and then we gotta split the Texas series.

Baltimore has 20 games in September against Boston, NYY, Cleveland and Tampa, and all are going for the same playoff spots. They're a good bet to either get buried in that stretch or at best, play .500ish and just keep everyone in that division close to the same they are now.

Angels need Texas and Seattle to lose every game possible (except maybe against Houston, if only to open a crazy shot at the division) to ease the need for them to split/sweep every series that they have left against those teams.

Really it's sort of best for the Angels if everyone just keeps beating up on each other and splitting series rather than any teams pulling way out ahead by sweeping out the competition. 

If that happens they just need to take car of business in division to make the WC.

Just now, totdprods said:

Still think they are hands down the team to beat in the AL.

Yeah. I hope we don't see them in the playoffs, if we make it there. I faintly remember getting violated by them last time we played. But...if they can continue making life hard for our competition, they are a pretty dang useful team right about now.

15 minutes ago, totdprods said:

The Mariners have been right there with us, if not ahead of us, almost all season. They're still the bigger threat in my eyes. Plus we have enough games with them still for them to catch or pass us.

If we win today Seattle will be a full 3 games behind us. I'm more worried about the Twins and the Orioles myself.

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

If we win today Seattle will be a full 3 games behind us. I'm more worried about the Twins and the Orioles myself.

WIth 6 games against us still.

It can go either way but I'm not letting my guard down when Seattle has the ability to leap frog us mathematically just on our games versus them alone.

Seattle has a really tough schedule in September too, with only 6 games against a team worse than them - all being against the Athletics. 

We don't play the Orioles or any other AL East teams anymore so the Angels don't control their destiny there.

The Angels have a fairly favorable schedule - Houston (6 games) and Cleveland (3 games) are only teams we play that are clearly better than us and both may be far enough ahead that the Angels may be able to catch them off guard and sneak out a series win or two. 

We have to take care of Seattle and Texas (6 games remaining) as they have schedules pretty similar to ours and if they play well versus each other and the Angels then it's going to be tight until the last series. And we need to really stomp on teams we should beat like the A's (4 games remaining) and White Sox (4 games remaining).

Baltimore has a very tough schedule. Minnesota has a fairly light schedule, and that may give them the chance at being our biggest competitor. 

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

WIth 6 games against us still.

It can go either way but I'm not letting my guard down when Seattle has the ability to leap frog us mathematically just on our games versus them alone.

Seattle has a really tough schedule in September too, with only 6 games against a team worse than them - all being against the Athletics. 

We don't play the Orioles or any other AL East teams anymore so the Angels don't control their destiny there.

The Angels have a fairly favorable schedule - Houston (6 games) and Cleveland (3 games) are only teams we play that are clearly better than us and both may be far enough ahead that the Angels may be able to catch them off guard and sneak out a series win or two. 

We have to take care of Seattle and Texas (6 games remaining) as they have schedules pretty similar to ours and if they play well versus each other and the Angels then it's going to be tight until the last series. And we need to really stomp on teams we should beat like the A's (4 games remaining) and White Sox (4 games remaining).

Baltimore has a very tough schedule. Minnesota has a fairly light schedule, and that may give them the chance at being our biggest competitor. 

All we can do is win our games, and as long as we do that everything else is out of our hands. The Twins and the O's have a tough schedule in September. They play the Jays, Yankees, Indians, Red Sox, and TB, multiple times for some. Twins play KC, TB, Yankees, Indians, Jays,  and Tigers.