• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2017 Wild Card Tracker

Chuck

48 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

But I thought the Angels were wasting Trout's prime years and they suck and are going to finish last in the AL West and have a terrible farm system and are cursed and suck and aren't good and suck?  

As of right now, they still are. They still have a lot of work to do to just get one of the two WC spots this year. Nothing is official yet in terms of the postseason seedings. If they make the postseason, the majority of the credit should go to Trout and Simmons. Both guys have played their hearts out just to make this team 2 games above .500 despite many guys on the team underperforming.  5 great years (2012-2016) that Trout has put up and just one season in the postseason. Bad contracts given to Pujols, Hamilton, CJ (no, not Cron, but Wilson), Blanton, the list goes on and on. And the Joyce trade did not worked out so well either. What other bad trades has the Angels made during the Trout we that I am missing?

Since 2010, I think it's well known that we've made the playoffs all of one time.  

But during that period we were playing meaningful baseball in aug/sept for 5 out of those 8 seasons.  While I agree that's not exactly something to get all warm and fuzzy about, it's something.  Kinda a fart in a stiff wind really.  

Why it's important this year is that we're doing it without mortgaging the future to get there.  The farm is dramatically improved (although still has a ways to go) and a bunch of payroll is coming off the books.  Not only is it fairly impressive, it actually breeds hope that the next three years could result in further improvements instead of feeling like this year could be our last chance for awhile.  

Nonetheless, it would be nice to see us make a move or two that would improve our chances.  

19 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Since 2010, I think it's well known that we've made the playoffs all of one time.  

But during that period we were playing meaningful baseball in aug/sept for 5 out of those 8 seasons.  While I agree that's not exactly something to get all warm and fuzzy about, it's something.  Kinda a fart in a stiff wind really.  

Why it's important this year is that we're doing it without mortgaging the future to get there.  The farm is dramatically improved (although still has a ways to go) and a bunch of payroll is coming off the books.  Not only is it fairly impressive, it actually breeds hope that the next three years could result in further improvements instead of feeling like this year could be our last chance for awhile.  

Nonetheless, it would be nice to see us make a move or two that would improve our chances.  

Speaking of August, the last three years when the Angels actually had a good chance of making the postseason, they have been mediocre, at best in August. 2011, they had an average August record of 14-13. 2012, at 13-15, and in 2015, pretty bad at 10-19. So far this August, they have a great winning percentage at .667 (9-3). I think they can finish this August with a great winning percentage because they don't have a lot of games against teams with good records. They have to take advantage of that. 

3 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

I think they can finish this August with a great winning percentage because they don't have a lot of games against teams with good records. They have to take advantage of that. 

Actually they seem to turn it up a notch against the better teams having won 2 series against the Red Sox and the Yankees, split with the Dodgers and Nats and won the last series against the Astros and Baltimore. The lost a series against the lowly A's on the other hand, and the Twins have owned us this season.

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Getting Richards and Heaney heathy and in form would prove to be a greater acquisition than any we could expect to make at this point in the season.

2 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Actually they seem to turn it up a notch against the better teams having won 2 series against the Red Sox and the Yankees, split with the Dodgers and Nats and won the last series against the Astros and Baltimore. The lost a series against the lowly A's on the other hand, and the Twins have owned us this season.

BudLite Norris lost the A'th series.

Meanwhile, the Halos have being playing well and the other teams have mostly been crapping the couch (Twins excepted).

5 games back at the beginning of the month and with 5 teams in front of them in the 2nd WC race?

Both of those sure disappeared fast.