• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This Team Could End Up Pretty Special After All

\to A few thoughts before I begin:
Trout doesn't have a cape but is damn close to having one.  Norris is tired, stuff is flat, he might rebound with the right tweaking in between, but it's uncharted territory that he probably needs a breather for his own good altogether.  Not the Doug Corbett vacation request, but he could use a little breather. 
The assembly with this team has been interesting all season, and if they can stay healthy of getting key pieces back into their rotation beginning with Skaggs, then maybe Heaney, and even Richards, this could be quite the winning club down the stretch.  Shades of 1995 for the Astros?  Well, they're hobbling and baseball is the wierdest game!  When you're running on all cylinders focused on playing winning baseball, you move up, it's that simple.  Beginning with the figment of Jay Buehner's say to the camara's that Mid-August, 1995, with the Angels ahead of them 10.5 games at that point, "we got Griff back and we're just going to hang around and see what this thing can do."   
Everything around Trout is working, the team held fort while he was out, Simmons is quite underrated of an impact key element hitting extremely well (gipped out of an AS...idiots!), and Cron and Calhoun are looking really nice of getting back to their hitting forms.  Their back end bullpen is solid, and they have Scioscia. 
The Angels could be making things look interesting toward the MLB playoffs.             

2 hours ago, Jeff Williams said:

to A few thoughts before I begin:
Trout doesn't have a cape but is damn close to having one.  Norris is tired, stuff is flat, he might rebound with the right tweaking in between, but it's uncharted territory that he probably needs a breather for his own good altogether.  Not the Doug Corbett vacation request, but he could use a little breather. 
The assembly with this team has been interesting all season, and if they can stay healthy of getting key pieces back into their rotation beginning with Skaggs, then maybe Heaney, and even Richards, this could be quite the winning club down the stretch.  Shades of 1995 for the Astros?  Well, they're hobbling and baseball is the wierdest game!  When you're running on all cylinders focused on playing winning baseball, you move up, it's that simple.  Beginning with the figment of Jay Buehner's say to the camara's that Mid-August, 1995, with the Angels ahead of them 10.5 games at that point, "we got Griff back and we're just going to hand around and see what this thing can do."   
Everything around Trout is working, the team held fort while he was out, Simmons is quite underrated of an impact key element hitting extremely well (gipped out of an AS...idiots!), and Cron and Calhoun are looking really nice of getting back to their hitting forms.  Their back end bullpen is solid, and they have Scioscia. 
The Angels could be making things look interesting toward the MLB playoffs.             

Gdamnit the jinx.   5 game losing streak on its way.

On 8/11/2017 at 1:34 PM, UndertheHalo said:

The team is not special.  It's a .500 team and has been all season.  A lot of us predicted just about this.  The AL isn't very good so we're still playing meaningful games. 

Someone give me sum Debbie downer action. 

Well, this team does lead baseball in come from behind victories and I'm sure injuries have something to do with the record.

2 hours ago, slump dog said:

All we have to do is beat teams like KCR or Twins in the postseason.

By the way,how is our record vs them in 2017 ?

Neither of them would be in the post season if the season ended today. Although the Red Sox, Yankees, Astros, Dodgers, and Nats will be and we have held our own against them so far.

I'll let someone else say that for me.  "They lead in comeback victories."  AND, by lead margin to the 9th inning.  I'll add about Simmons.  He is the current MLB WAR Position Player leader with 6.4 and the Defensive with 3.0.  Altuve (currently considered among the MVP leaders) leads on the Offensive WAR with 6.4, but Simmons leads on the Position player.  Is that moreover the grounds for MVP?  He's the first name atop on MLB Referece.com, I need some help there?

So, Simmons and Trout is pretty damn special alone, Jukaa and Jarro (with the neon helmets riding the tandem)!  Trout, himself, along with the rest of the team, manager, coaches, and staff might be to first to you themselves, SIMMONS AS THE MVP (up to this point).  

Interesting, too, they had 41 comeback wins in 2002.  They have how many this season with Mike Scioscia still the Manager?!

I won't say anything more, other than I will just keep watching to prove my point behind this thread.  

7 hours ago, red321 said:

It could happen...they have to be close to the most walk off grand slams allowed in one year. 

If they happened in April and May, that's one thing....but I'm not sure how you overcome 3 starting in late July into mid August...that's a killer when you can least afford it.....

A few thoughts since Wed:  

Chavez looked sharp out of the pen on Wed.  While Sciosh threw in the wrinkle with Fri night's game of bringing Cam in the 6th, I thought he might bring in Chavez for the 9th.  Tip of the cap to Machado who singlehandedly won that game for them.

That's baseball and the Halos are resilient to come back Sat and win it without wearing the heartbreak on their sleeves.  Ramirez is quite underrated, with the win and quality starts he has put together throughout the season.

Simmons has slumped and Altuve has taken over the WAR position lead.  

The Norris breather helped and he looked sharp tonight.  Andrew Bailey has been off the DL and hasn't come out out of baseball's best bullpen, yet.  You wonder if they will put him on waivers for a trade; maybe for that guy from the Washington system, after all?   We'll see.