• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 7/28 Angels @ Blue Jays: Cowart gets another start

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Albert is done, but regardless, what hitter could you possibly place behind Trout that would force the pitcher to give him good pitches to hit with the bases loaded?  When you are the best player in the game, you won't get good pitches to hit with the bases loaded, period.  

The game plan will always be to not let Trout beat you.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Albert is done, but regardless, what hitter could you possibly place behind Trout that would force the pitcher to give him good pitches to hit with the bases loaded?  When you are the best player in the game, you won't get good pitches to hit with the bases loaded, period.  

I don't know about that. Having the pitchers spot behind Trout makes the decision to not pitch to him an easy one.

I was kinda surprised the Jays didn't just put him on right there. That is what I would've done.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't know about that. Having the pitchers spot behind Trout makes the decision to not pitch to him an easy one.

Right, but once again, if you are talking about the best player in the game there is no such thing as protection.  At least not with the bases loaded.  

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Unless Pujols was at the top of his game like when he was with the Cardinals. People forget how great Pujols used to be.

Just now, JustATroutFan said:

Unless Pujols was at the top of his game like when he was with the Cardinals. People forget how great Pujols used to be.

Ok I will give you that.  If Albert was in his prime batting behind Trout, then Trout would get more pitches to hit.  

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Right, but once again, if you are talking about the best player in the game there is no such thing as protection.  At least not with the bases loaded.  

No one is gona give in when behind in the count obviously, the difference comes when ahead or even in the count. If the next hitter has the potential to make you pay you'll see if you can get Trout to chase, and open yourself up to making a mistake. With an almost guaranteed out up next there is no reason to take a chance, just put him on and clean up the mess.