• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trader Jerry doin' what he do

8 hours ago, CALZONE said:

No I don't mind a big splash if it means we are getting players who can consistently produce and are not declining that are high OPS hitters or pitchers that win with low era's that can consistently give 200 innings without a visit to the Gynecologist every year.  Oh and non drug users would be a plus.

This is my take. Ive been fine with us focusing on the farm, and not blowing our wad on a big name FA the last few years. That said, IMO, it comes down to long term forecasting. Not just what are the odds the individual plqyer will be good 3 years from now, but over the next 3 years will we have a better alternative.

I wasnt huge on targetting cespedes when he was available, but we didnt have a plan in house to fix LF long term. When people (and the org especially) wanted crawford, i kept arguing with some on here to sign beltre. And i wasnt a beltre fan, nor did i think he would be the guy texas got. It was knowing we had no 3B ready in the system, and knowing plus (beltre was a decent bat even in seattle, and his glove outstanding) 3Bs dont hit FA.

Most of the informed people on here say we have pretty promising options in the minors righr now for the outfield. So im good on signing stopgaps for LF. But 2B/3B have to be addressed. If its cowart at one and hes just a good glove who can be a decent 8 hitter, fine. Then solve the other position with FA.

Were not in a position to sign a guy to put us over the top. But the right guy, even if we blow our wad and are still.500 next year, isnt the wrong decision if it gives us long term stability as we bridge the gap into 2019 (when i hope our farm eggs begin to hatch)

46 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Dipoto is going to "go for it" over the next two years with a team that isn't equipped all that well to contend. Then when the team goes flat and the farm system is bare, he will quit mid-season.they will be set up to totally suck for the next 5-7 years.

Fify

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Dipoto is going to "go for it" over the next two years with a team that isn't equipped all that well to contend. Then when the team goes flat and the farm system is bare, they will be set up to totally suck for the next 5-7 years.

They are the 2011 Angels, enjoy the next six-seven years Mariner fans.  What you have to look forward to is that at some point Jerry will walk out, you'll be a little sad at first but then the light will return.