• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trader Jerry doin' what he do

Dipoto has a habit of completely abusing whatever farm system he has.  I kind of feel like his motto is "I didn't draft him, so I don't care about him".  He took a depleted farm system and ravaged it into nothingness, and took a nice affordable, contending team, bloated their payroll past it's limits and had one good season to show for it.  Dipoto has shown no ability whatsoever to recognize major league talent when he sees it, which is remarkable given the fact that he himself was a major leaguer.  To wrap that turd sandwich up, he also managed to butt heads with his manager and quit midway through a season. 

I don't care how he markets himself, at the end of the day, he failed the Angels and unless he changes his ways, he's going to run the Mariners straight into the ground too. 

M's fans are gonna wake up one day and ask what the hell happened. 

The four for one Phelps deal may not too look bad at first glance if you're an M's fan, but Angels fans know that a year from now it's going to be looked back on as a low point. 

He's obliterated organizational depth in Seattle. It hasn't hurt them yet, but the same thing that happened here will happen there. They will have needs and zero ammo to work with, and ammo like that can't be recouped overnight. 

2 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Dipoto has a habit of completely abusing whatever farm system he has.  I kind of feel like his motto is "I didn't draft him, so I don't care about him".  He took a depleted farm system and ravaged it into nothingness, and took a nice affordable, contending team, bloated their payroll past it's limits and had one good season to show for it.  Dipoto has shown no ability whatsoever to recognize major league talent when he sees it, which is remarkable given the fact that he himself was a major leaguer.  To wrap that turd sandwich up, he also managed to butt heads with his manager and quit midway through a season. 

I don't care how he markets himself, at the end of the day, he failed the Angels and unless he changes his ways, he's going to run the Mariners straight into the ground too. 

What I found odd was that before coming to the Angels, Dipoto made the kind of trade that I dread by acquiring three prospects, including Skaggs and Corbin, along with Saunders to Arizona for Haren.

I therefore thought he was going to be the type of GM that would start getting the Angels some young prospects, so i was happy he  came to the Angels.

When he started doing the opposite, I thought it was because he was doing Moreno's bidding, but now he is hurting the Mariners.

This makes the trading of Haren seem like a strange  un- Dipoto like move.

35 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

What I found odd was that before coming to the Angels, Dipoto made the kind of trade that I dread by sending three prospects, including Skaggs and Corbin, along with Saunders to Arizona for Haren.

I therefore thought he was going to be the type of GM that would start getting the Angels some young prospects, so i was happy he  came to the Angels.

When he started doing the opposite, I thought it was because he was doing Moreno's bidding, but now he is hurting the Mariners.

My thoughts exactly.  

4 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Bitter? We knew we were getting an inexperienced GM with a tiny ML resume. What were you expecting. The Angels GM job is beginner position.

Clod, do you really need to have @Inside Pitch to come on here again and show you that this "logic" is stupid?  Eppler seems to be doing ok building the minor leagues and evaluating pitchers on a budget (something Dipoto didn't have) and finding us some nice pieces.  Remind me again what teams he was the GM of before the Angels?  

43 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

What I found odd was that before coming to the Angels, Dipoto made the kind of trade that I dread by sending three prospects, including Skaggs and Corbin, along with Saunders to Arizona for Haren.

That was J. Pierpont Reagins trading those guys to Jerry for Haren.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Clod, do you really need to have @Inside Pitch to come on here again and show you that this "logic" is stupid?  Eppler seems to be doing ok building the minor leagues and evaluating pitchers on a budget (something Dipoto didn't have) and finding us some nice pieces.  Remind me again what teams he was the GM of before the Angels?  

What I like best about Eppier is his ability to pluck pitchers out of nowhere and not give up anything.

Now its' time for the same with the offense

51 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

What I found odd was that before coming to the Angels, Dipoto made the kind of trade that I dread by ACQUIRING three prospects, including Skaggs and Corbin, along with Saunders to Arizona for Haren.

Whoops! I meant to say " acquiring" not " sending".

I corrected the mistake.