• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Red Sox Designate Pablo Sandoval For Assignment

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes because they draft and develop

They drafted Sale, Price, Pomeranz, Kimbrel, Porcello, etc? Yes they do draft & develop but they also buy a lot too. Their entire rotation is bought. 

Also,sadly, Sandoval has a higher BA than Valbuena... 

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Pablo seems to need the fans to embrace him.  He chose a poor city to try to have that happen.  He'll rebound for someone when the expectations are removed.  Wouldn't surprise me if we took a flier.  

He might want to ask pujols and calzone how the fans here embrace yesterdays guys.

25 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

He might want to ask pujols and calzone how the fans here embrace yesterdays guys.

we didn't embrace him.  we're generally more indifferent about him.  I think it bothers Albert a bit, but not so much it really made a huge difference.  

Pablo was in Boston.  If you suck in Boston, you can even go out for a cup of coffee without getting harassed.  In San Fran, he was beloved by all.  

big difference between haters in LA vs. haters in Boston.  

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Exactly. 

Turning that Moncada signing into Chris Sale was nice too. 

White Sox received much more than Moncada for Sale. The Red Sox just about transformed the White Sox farm with that deal.

19 minutes ago, eligrba said:

White Sox received much more than Moncada for Sale. The Red Sox just about transformed the White Sox farm with that deal.

Oh ya, definitely but I didn't want to dilute the point. Moncada was the centerpiece and he was simply an international purchase that anyone could've made if they wanted to spend the cash. We opted to blow our load that year on Baldaquin.

I'm listening to the Red Sox broadcast and they said Sandoval's big drop-off has been defensively since leaving the Giants.  Giving the fact he isn't a switch hitter they said they can field a better team without him.  The Red Sox are eating about $51 million of his contract.  

Hamilton to me still is the biggest bust due to his attitude of arrogant  entitlement.  He thinks he's entitled to an occasional relapse + a self-report for impunity while the club suffers because he's a special needs kid. Note that he hasn't relapsed since leaving the Angels and failing to overcome injuries to play for the Rangers.  I don't doubt that some people have severe addictions but I think Hamilton can protect his nest egg when he has to stay clean.

13 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

At least Arte has reined in the totally bad signings since almost 5 years ago.  

Speaking of which, to celebrate Hackilton's contract ending in some 2.5 months.... Opus One wine or Dom Perignon?

Dom, most definitely. Don't forget a couple of lines of coke as a chaser. It's the least that we can do given all that he did for us.

8 hours ago, Lou said:

Transformed them into the worst team in the AL. 

...and one of the top farm systems.  However, a top farm system does not guarantee a top team, but based on the case study done by the Angels, a shitty farm system does guarantee a shitty team.

On 7/14/2017 at 2:56 PM, Dochalo said:

Pablo was in Boston.  If you suck in Boston, you can even go out for a cup of coffee without getting harassed.  In San Fran, he was beloved by all.  

Exactly why I believed that him signing with the Red Sox was a huge mistake. He was in an environment where he was beloved - and that isn't easy to find in sports.

never understood the BoSox signing this guy.

for BoSox fans -- a lot louder with the complaints than our Halos crew -- it's must have been non-stop whining and complaining about this signing DAY ONE.

Watching him play SS and then some 3B in SF -- I was amazed how quick he was a-field for such a large (and I mean HUGE) guy. But early on in SF it worked and he fielded the position -- not a gold glove but well enough -- and he had some pop w/ clutch hitting ability..........but GEEZ -- here's a guy, you watch him play and you think, it's only a matter of time until that gut catches up with him and he can't play the infield -- even 3B -- anymore. 

So the BoSox sign him to that huge whatever contract it was -- I thought the SF Giants really dodged one there -- that last year, 'PANDA' was a fan fav with the "PANDA hats' and stuff but his production really stalled second half of that season........

To be fair, at some point during his BoSox time, he lost weight (might have been during his several DL stints) and was looking better (low bar, there) but reality caught up with him.

Some team -- probably a team out of contention trying to boost attendance and have a MLB minimum guy on their roster (BoSox eat most of the rest of his contract) will sign him......

I can see him in an Oakland A's jersey across the Bay now...........