• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Deadline deals...make a wish

1 minute ago, Dtwncbad said:

I guess we will find out but I wonder if our assumption that taking on the Stanton contract makes him attainable proved to be wrong.

He is a special talent and there could be a team that has resources that decides he is a must have.

The Yankees could puff their cheat out and go get this guy with top prospects and barely notice the money.  If they wanted to.

Very true. 

18 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I guess we will find out but I wonder if our assumption that taking on the Stanton contract makes him attainable proved to be wrong.

He is a special talent and there could be a team that has resources that decides he is a must have.

The Yankees could puff their cheat out and go get this guy with top prospects and barely notice the money.  If they wanted to.

The Phillies have been tied to Stanton and they are flush with cash so they are a serious threat to land him.

5 minutes ago, ettin said:

The Phillies have been tied to Stanton and they are flush with cash so they are a serious threat to land him.

mlbtr mentioned the Phills were interested in Yelich but haven't had discussions about taking on Stanton as part of that deal.  I would love to see that happen actually.  Decrease their chances of being able to afford Trout.  Trade away a bunch of prospects and decrease the ability to get any sort of improvement on the pitching side.  

Just now, stanick88 said:

But would he waive his no trade clause to go to the phillies at this point? I believe he has a full no trade clause right? 

Yes he does so he certainly has complete control of the situation. The Phillies are starting to look really good and the Marlins have not done what they promised (building around him) so he may just be happy to go.

I'm sure if the Yankees, Dodgers, or Nationals came calling on Stanton they'd stand a chance to acquire him too. The Angels have the payroll space but are struggling on the prospect/player side of the equation.

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

mlbtr mentioned the Phills were interested in Yelich but haven't had discussions about taking on Stanton as part of that deal.  I would love to see that happen actually.  Decrease their chances of being able to afford Trout.  Trade away a bunch of prospects and decrease the ability to get any sort of improvement on the pitching side.  

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2017/07/13/report-phillies-trade-giancarlo-stanton-christian-yelich/

5 minutes ago, ettin said:

Yes he does so he certainly has complete control of the situation. The Phillies are starting to look really good and the Marlins have not done what they promised (building around him) so he may just be happy to go.

I'm sure if the Yankees, Dodgers, or Nationals came calling on Stanton they'd stand a chance to acquire him too. The Angels have the payroll space but are struggling on the prospect/player side of the equation.

If Stanton is deadset on either staying in Miami or being back in LA, the Angels could have a lot of leverage. Downside is the Dodgers are their main competition, and easily could top any Angels package. Working in the Angels favor though, is that the Dodgers might not really need Stanton, or at least his contract. 

3 hours ago, nate said:

I really hope we sell.

I just saw that the Braves have 10 prospects in the top 100.  They were smart enough to know when it was time to sell and rebuild, meanwhile the delusional front office of the Angels has done nothing other than keep dumping farm resources for MLB players that still cannot push them over the line.  The longer they take to truly rebuild the longer it will be until they can really become a winner.

If that happened, Moreno probably wouldn't get his 3 million fans.  That seems to be his only goal.  If he goes full rebuild for a year or 2, he might not reach his goal so he commissions a "do just enough" to give the illusion he wants a contender.  The quote with him on his yacht stating he is doing the best he can was an outright insult.  

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

If that happened, Moreno probably wouldn't get his 3 million fans.  That seems to be his only goal.  If he goes full rebuild for a year or 2, he might not reach his goal so he commissions a "do just enough" to give the illusion he wants a contender.  The quote with him on his yacht stating he is doing the best he can was an outright insult.  

I wouldn't say that is completely true. Moreno routinely has the Angels payroll close to the limit.  I think moreno's problem is Who that money is spent on. So the only way going forward of keeping both a team that can contend and 3 millions fans in the seats is by wiser spending and/or going over the limit for the right players. 

My deadline wishes, at least two of the following:
1) Someone offers a Top 100 or organizational Top Ten guy for Bud Norris, and we pull the trigger. Anything less, not interested.
2) Someone offers a Top 15 organizational prospect for Yunel Escobar, and we pull the trigger. Would also consider a Wong/Refsnyder/Ketel Marte type, a 'failed' prospect with upside who has underwhelmed and become overlooked.
3) The Angels get a legit, impact player, young and with control, for a trio (or less) of prospects including no one greater than Marsh, Long, and perhaps Thaiss (no Jones, Barria, Adell, etc.) or a legit controllable player plus an impact rental for perhaps one higher pedigreed prospect (and fewer overall) with some redundant AAA depth (Perez, Cron) included.
4) Reversing my opinion stated a few days ago, I'm now open to the team acquiring an additional arm or two, likely a rental, for some fringe prospect depth or redundant AAA depth. If someone like Scott Feldman could be plucked for cheap - very cheap - I wouldn't be too upset, especially if Shoe and Skaggs are still MIA by the deadline and we're within a few games.
5) If the Angels should fall out of the gate (and I mean a heavy and dramatic fall, like going 2-11 or dropping to 9+ out in the WC), trade anyone with an expiring contract and listen on Bedrosian and Calhoun. Not interested in moving Petit, Hernandez, Maybin, Escobar, Espinosa, Nolasco, and Chavez just for the sake of making a trade unless we're totally out of it.

41 minutes ago, totdprods said:

My deadline wishes, at least two of the following:
1) Someone offers a Top 100 or organizational Top Ten guy for Bud Norris, and we pull the trigger. Anything less, not interested.
2) Someone offers a Top 15 organizational prospect for Yunel Escobar, and we pull the trigger. Would also consider a Wong/Refsnyder/Ketel Marte type, a 'failed' prospect with upside who has underwhelmed and become overlooked.
3) The Angels get a legit, impact player, young and with control, for a trio (or less) of prospects including no one greater than Marsh, Long, and perhaps Thaiss (no Jones, Barria, Adell, etc.) or a legit controllable player plus an impact rental for perhaps one higher pedigreed prospect (and fewer overall) with some redundant AAA depth (Perez, Cron) included.
4) Reversing my opinion stated a few days ago, I'm now open to the team acquiring an additional arm or two, likely a rental, for some fringe prospect depth or redundant AAA depth. If someone like Scott Feldman could be plucked for cheap - very cheap - I wouldn't be too upset, especially if Shoe and Skaggs are still MIA by the deadline and we're within a few games.
5) If the Angels should fall out of the gate (and I mean a heavy and dramatic fall, like going 2-11 or dropping to 9+ out in the WC), trade anyone with an expiring contract and listen on Bedrosian and Calhoun. Not interested in moving Petit, Hernandez, Maybin, Escobar, Espinosa, Nolasco, and Chavez just for the sake of making a trade unless we're totally out of it.

How is that even possible (#5) when we just picked up Trout