• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bucket List

I don't like the idea of bucket list...I think it should be a continuous thing...waiting until you have "two months to live" seems like a waste of time.

Items that I want/planning/working towards doing at somepoint in the upcoming years...most of it based on shit I want to photograph and luckily enough my wife is a good sport and would happily sign on

Looking at the Sierra Nevada mountains spread out before me atop a pass along the John Muir Trail

Sun setting behind the silhouette of an elephant while I'm on an African Safari

Penguins congregating along the shores while I'm in a zodiac as part of an Antarctica Cruise (which really is going to kind of suck because those seas are awful and I get seasick)

Watching the aurora borealis from a cabin porch in Iceland

and I'll be happy to relive

Completing the W trail in Torres Del Paine in Chilean Patagonia (we did one leg), Drinking a freshly poured guinness overlooking Dingle Bay and Watching the sun set while drinking a glass of red wine in Provence

Im kind of with you, red. Im in to photography, so a lot of things i want t see and do revolve around stuff id like to shoot.

Ive been lucky enough to do a few things youve mentioned. Ive looked into India to swim with blue whales...thats on my list.

Id love to do the dog sled race once...not gonna happen, you actually have to know what youre doing. But being all alone on the klondike would be a pretty sureal experience.

On 6/25/2017 at 2:48 AM, Blarg said:

If money is not an object I'd buy a Ferrari in France and with my wife drive to tip of Calbria and maybe back if I have time. Not much more than an overnight bag and a nice suit for formal dinners but change out the wardrobe as we go. 

Why France, out of curiosity? Is the driving rhere supposed to be good (for the ferrari), or just because youve always wanted to see France?

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

What if you could only pick one? Which is THE one that youd have to see?

well, if i had 2 months, i could actually go to both the french and wimbledon, so i'd pick those. 

but if i had to pick just one, it would be the australian open. 

1 minute ago, red321 said:

So, you are young...what's stopping you from going to one of them now?

Exactly. Obviously money and time off from work are the big things, but im a form believer in that if there is something out there youre passionate about seeing or doing, do whatever you need to to do it before you die, start a family, whatever.

I read an article once a nirse wrote, and she said by far the biggest thing she hears from people in hospice is regretting not doing what they wanted when they had the chance...not me.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think free jumping (not tandem) with those lind of views would be the ultimate...and if im dying anyway there would be no fear.

I've always thought a visit to Everest base camp would be awesome. I have no interest in climbing the damn thing, but to be at base camp and as you mention, have those views...I might have to consider that.

3 minutes ago, red321 said:

I've always thought a visit to Everest base camp would be awesome. I have no interest in climbing the damn thing, but to be at base camp and as you mention, have those views...I might have to consider that.

Same here. Id die trying to climb it. But i think they have "easy ways" to get you to base camp. The mystique of the whole thing is really appealing.

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Exactly. Obviously money and time off from work are the big things, but im a form believer in that if there is something out there youre passionate about seeing or doing, do whatever you need to to do it before you die, start a family, whatever.

I read an article once a nirse wrote, and she said by far the biggest thing she hears from people in hospice is regretting not doing what they wanted when they had the chance...not me.

I regret not traveling and experiencing life earlier...but I'm glad I made the changes in my life in my early thirties that has allowed me to do and experience things that I never could have imagined twenty years ago.  

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Same here. Id die trying to climb it. But i think they have "easy ways" to get you to base camp. The mystique of the whole thing is really appealing.

yeah, I like to experience things...just prefer not dying in the process. I have this vision in my mind of the photo I would take, north face tent, prayer flags blowing in the wind with Everest towering behind the scene. Maybe some crazy sherpa and climbers with icicles hanging from their beards.

My general bucket list is pretty sparse - finish a marathon, sky dive, see the Northern Lights and see a Super Bowl in person but those are the type of things you list thinking you've got the time to check them off.  I remember years ago a buddy telling me about someone in their 40's who got a terminal prognosis after going in to the doctor due to back pain.  The next day she and her husband cleared out the accounts they could and took off on a trip all over the world.  Given a terminal prognosis I'd do the same thing and see as much of the world as I could with my wife before my time is up.