• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Returning to the international market

20 hours ago, John Smith said:

According to MLB the top 30 prospects and favoites to sign:

1 Wander Samuel Franco SS TB
2 Daniel Flores C BOSTON
3 Jelfry Marte SS MINN
4 Everson Pereira OF NYY
5 Eric Pardinho RHP TORONTO
6 Raimfer Salinas OF ?
7 Luis Garcia SS PHIL
8 Antonio Cabello C ?
9 Julio Rodriguez OF SEA
10 Ronny Mauricio SS NYM
11 Ronny Rojas SS NYY
12 Ynmanol Marinez SS MIAMI
13 Danny Diaz SS BOSTON
14 Larry Ernesto OF MILW
15 Kristian Robinson OF ARIZ
16 Roberto Chirinos SS NYY
17 Miguel Hiraldo SS TORONTO
18 Adrian Hernandez OF NYM
19 Keyber Rodriguez SS TEXAS
20 Antoni Flores SS BOSTON
21 George Valera OF CLEV
22 Aaron Bracho SS CLEV
23 Alvaro Gonzalez SS DETROIT
24 Osleivis Basabe SS ?
25 Wildred Patino SS TEXAS
26 Juan Querecuto SS SEA
27 Damian Mendoza RHP TEXAS
28 Carlos Rodriguez OF MILW
29 Stir Candelario OF SEA
30 Luis Verdugo SS CHI CUBS

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017/?list=int

Three players each are projected to go to the Yankees, Boston, Texas and Seattle and the Angels aren't even mentioned. Why is that?

Before I work myself into a tizzy I'd like a little more info. What normally indicates who they are likely to sign with? Is it the advisors? How much does a 16 year old whose probably 5 years away from even knowing if he's a legit MLer cost to sign? Do the presumed favorites to sign them usually do so? Any possibility that a new entry in the market might sneak in and steal a few? How much more likely are the top 30 at this age liable to make it as opposed to the next 30?

Most of these kids are young and scrawny.... I look for little things; quiet hands, wrapping the bat which equates to a long swing and not knowing the maturity level (ability to be coachable), attacking the ball, repetitive stance and swing, emotion on a bad swing or if they boot a grounder, if they field or hit like their pants are on fire "Too much motion, slow it down Alice", You can teach them the mental side. It's the player makeup and how they present themselves I look at that age. 

And some of these kids that are top 20 look like they are 12.... I can say I've seen 3 that don't have what I would look at for a step to the next level even at the collegiate level. And could give them fits with some of my pitchers. But, BP is FUN!

19. Trent Deveaux, of, Bahamas
Born: May 4, 2000. Height: 6-3. Weight: 185. B-T: R-R.

Born and raised in the Bahamas, Deveaux became eligible to sign in 2016 and made an appearance that year at the MLB international showcase in the Dominican Republic. At the time, Deveaux was an athletic shortstop with plus speed, but he lacked strength, didn’t look natural at shortstop and his hitting was still raw. After spending time training in Florida, Deveaux moved to the Dominican Republic in 2016 and his stock jumped as his hitting improved and he transitioned to center field.

Deveaux is an outstanding athlete with a strong but lean, projectable build. There’s quick burst in everything he does. He’s an 80 runner who has been clocked as fast as 6.2 seconds in the 60-yard dash. When Deveaux went to the Dominican Republic, he began training full-time in center field, which has been a better fit for his skill set. He glides to balls and covers a lot of ground quickly. With an average arm and an easy throwing stroke that could allow his arm strength to improve, Deveaux has the attributes to develop into an above-average defender at a premium position. Scouts highest on Deveaux said his hitting ability has taken a huge leap forward. Last year, Deveaux had an upright, open stance and a tendency to either slice or roll over too many balls. He closed off his stance, improved his balance and did a better job of staying through the ball and using the middle of the field. He also shows a solid understanding of the strike zone. Deveaux has the frame to add more power later on, though right now he’s mostly a line-drive hitter who can occasionally hit a ball out. A fluent English speaker, Deveaux picked up Spanish during his time in the Dominican Republic, and his aptitude and athleticism have likely contributed already to his ability to make adjustments. He trains with Nolan Pena and is expected to sign with the Angels for at least $1 million on July 2.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/top-2017-international-prospects-scouting-reports/

37. D’Shaun Knowles, of, Bahamas
Born: Jan. 16, 2001. Height: 5-11. Weight: 165. B-T: B-R.

The Bahamas doesn’t produce the same volume of prospects as the Dominican Republic or Venezuela, but three Bahamian prospects this year are among the best pure athletes in the class. One of those is Noles, whose twin brother Devaughn is also a 2017 prospect. D’Shawn is a high-end athlete with plus or better speed underway. Knowles is not as good of an all-around prospect as fellow Bahamian outfielder Kristian Robinson, though he looks more natural in center field with better footwork and projects to stick at the position, with a fringe-average arm. Knowles is a high-energy player with promising athleticism, though several clubs felt he was still raw as a hitter. Like Robinson, some scouts had a hard time getting a sense for Knowles’ hitting ability due to the lack of quality competition they saw him face, though his overall feel for hitting still lags behind many of the other top players in the class. He’s mostly a line-drive hitter with gap power that should increase as he gets stronger. Knowles, who trains at the Max D Sports Academy, is expected to sign with the Angels for a high six-figure bonus.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/top-2017-international-prospects-scouting-reports/

4 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Everson Pereira has the nicest swing I've watched so far! Very quiet hands straight to the ball. Not overly showing emotion at the plate. Set up again and attack! 

I like him!

Plus AO can call him neverson if youre wrong.

I like this move all around for aw.com.

3 hours ago, John Smith said:

Dominican outfielder Jose Reyes and Venzuelan lefthander Jenrri Gonzalez are two other players connected to the Angels.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/international/al-west-international-signing-forecasts/#TpomBDdjXhJFKkAZ.97

We'll finally get jose reyes!