• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Maldonado vs Bandy

9 hours ago, totdprods said:

Bandy has really crashed after his hot April. Started fast with the Angels too and really fell off the last month or so if I recall.

Crashed is putting it mildly mildly. He's 1 for his last 37 (.027)

Edited by Lou

4 hours ago, DMVol said:

I think you missed the idea, as Stradling points out...All of those guys were picked up for virtually nothing....downplaying what they have done is a little silly....anything we get is a plus and, with all those guys, we've gotten a good return....

Maybin makes $9M. That's GMJ money right there.

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

Not only that, but if he can spot that type of talent in castaways from other clubs, is he able to spot that type of talent in the draft?  If he can, then we truly have a special GM and staff.

To me the really big thing will be once we build up a farm system and have the ability to make trades for players with actual value. Right now he's been something of a washed up prospect and waiver wire god. Let's see what he can do when targeting players teams aren't ready to give up on.

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

For the conspiracy theorists on here. Sosh and Bandy go way back. I wont get into how they know each other, but its pre Bandy ever being an Angel.

If Sosh was the GM as some people think, i dont think we see that trade being made.

You know you they go way back but what you don't know is why: Scioscia accused Jett of molesting Matt...

jk

26 minutes ago, Season Over said:

Eppler was dealt a crap hand (Hamilton/Pujols/Wilson/Weaver contracts and no farm) and has been pleasantly surprising.

Cautiously optimistic about what he can do this offseason with some flexibility.

I am enthusiastically optimistic. I think Eppler is a great GM and I think there will be some interesting moves made between today and the start of next season that will transform this team into a real contender, not a fringe one like this year (and this year isn't done mind you there is still opportunity if the Angels can get healthy and grab it).

1 hour ago, ettin said:

I am enthusiastically optimistic. I think Eppler is a great GM and I think there will be some interesting moves made between today and the start of next season that will transform this team into a real contender, not a fringe one like this year (and this year isn't done mind you there is still opportunity if the Angels can get healthy and grab it).

I mentiined in another thread, i think we have to really take a step back, look at the team as if the DL guys were here, and realize we have a suprisingly pretty good team.

Not a tier 1 team, but a hell of a lot better than the record would indicate.

Agree, ettin. I think eppler has done a very good job, especially when considering the shape of the farm and the payroll constraints. I look forward to seeing what he can do with some money in his pocket.

Brewers optioned C Jett Bandy to Triple-A Colorado Springs.

With Sunday's addition of Stephen Vogt, there's no room for the Brewers to carry three catchers and Bandy has been outplayed by Manny Pina. Bandy hit just .211/.287/.380 with six homers, 18 RBI and a 41/12 K/BB ratio in 157 plate appearances with the Brewers.

Maldonado was an absolute steal of a trade, at first I was a little upset that we gave up Bandy for a light hitting catcher but Maldonado's defense and chemistry with the pitching staff is incredible. His hitting has been better than expected. Quickly becoming one of my favorite Halos. I had forgotten what it was like to have a catcher that other teams are afraid to run on.