• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 'I love EY Jr.' thread

Chuck

Sosh needs to move this guy atop the lineup, even when Maybin and Escobar come back. 

His AAA stats are proving he's no joke and perhaps has found something at the plate that's helping him perform better than his career averages and he's seeing the ball really well. Eric Young Jr. .slashed 354/.419/.528 with a league leading 15 stolen bases in Triple-A before his promotion. 

That HR he hit last night was on a 98 MPH fastball. Just crushed! 

So far through 3 games he's hitting .455 with a homer and 2 SB's. 

Keep him in the lineup and when Trout gets closer to coming back, perhaps get him some games in at 2B since we're getting ZERO production there.

I love EY, Jr.'s story.  I will cheer for him to continue to succeed.  I hope he can sustain this, but there's a reason he started the year in Salt Lake. I hope very much that he becomes one of those "feel good" success stories, but I'm not going to get crazy after two games.  Again - I will root very hard for him.  He knows he has an opportunity now and it appears he's not taking it for granted. Good for him. Good for us.

4 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I love EY, Jr.'s story.  I will cheer for him to continue to succeed.  I hope he can sustain this, but there's a reason he started the year in Salt Lake. I hope very much that he becomes one of those "feel good" success stories, but I'm not going to get crazy after two games.  Again - I will root very hard for him.  He knows he has an opportunity now and it appears he's not taking it for granted. Good for him. Good for us.

Yeah but, you can still love him. :)

He maybe, just might be, could possibly be the next superstar. And even if he is not- he sure is fun to watch! He is fast, sprays the ball and now hits a HR.  I hope he gets on Scioscia's  good side but getting pick off at first is not helping his cause.  I think he stays up for the rest of the season. Love those glasses too!   2nd base?? Why not? 

6 minutes ago, AngelArcher said:

Stolen bases are great, but if you're getting thrown out a bunch too, not so much. 17 out of 25 attempts including AAA on the year. He's better off staying put. 

I'll take my chances sending him in an effort to move him into scoring position. 68% of a chance to take an extra base, I'll take it if I'm a manager. 

49 minutes ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

Soso left him off the roster after a very good spring training. Maybin did not earn his spot. I realize Maybin turned on the heat the last few weeks, but if EYJ is for real, and was for real on opening day, then we could have been in much better shape offensively so far.

Remember, EY was signed to a minor league deal....players would have to be dropped or as in this case moved to the 60 day DL to add him to the roster.