• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Now Maybin is out...

Chuck

3 minutes ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

I remember him resting the team after clinching, and them being ice cold facing the Royals. 

And if he had not rested them the criticism from arm chair types would have been that he didn't rest them before the playoffs and they were spent after chasing down the A's all year and using the bullpen in the 5 spot of the rotation.

Monday morning QBing is easy.

52 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

God you are dense..  

You want to use the fact that 5 GMs traded him away to validate your ignorant narrative  Meanwhile you ignore the fact that 5 GMs traded for him.   Your own process renders your argument null ... a fact made even more clear when you consider three of the GMs that traded him away -- also traded FOR him. 

Well if you feel that strongly about Maybin that you would personally attack another poster which is something I never do just vote for him and be done with it. There's nothing here stopping you.

IMG_6567.PNG

22 minutes ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

Quinlan was available. Willits?

The only time Willits came into the game batting fourth before the 8th inning was in the 7th inning of a 0-14 blowout.    I don't know of anyone stupid enough to opt for Quinlan over Willits as a defensive replacement.

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The only time Willits came into the game batting fourth before the 8th inning was in the 7th inning of a 0-14 blowout.    I don't know of anyone stupid enough to opt for Quinlan over Willits as a defensive replacement.

So defense mattered more than power, when the team could not get any offense going? Let's agree to disagree.

42 minutes ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

So defense mattered more than power, when the team could not get any offense going? Let's agree to disagree.

if you looked at the game logs -- you'd realize how truly moronic your entire argument is.    

Basically, you said MS batted him fourth..    He never did..  Not once.   Never in his entire life as a MLB player did Willits get a start as the cleanup hitter like you claimed.  He did get into 26 games where he would have batted fourth, but failed to get at bats in most of them because he came in as a defensive replacement when the team ahead.   The one time he entered the game before the 8th inning, the team was getting blown out 14-0.

You can move the goalposts all you want, you can cling to your beliefs all you want...  but to continue to argue your original point had merit is a fools errand.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

The whole big payroll thing is stupid.  It isn't Scioscia spending the money on the wrong players.  If you have very little pitching, very little depth and very one dimensional players, I am not sure what a manager is supposed to do, regardless of what the GM and owner spent.  I have no idea if he is stale in the playoffs, he hasn't had a good enough team to make the playoffs consistently in 5 years.  

Big payroll is a stupid argument.  25 million of that payroll went to Hamilton....who the owner dumped.

5 hours ago, DropOfAnaheim said:

Batting Willits clean up. 

wow, talk about cherry-picking a stat to serve an erroneous position. you forgot all about GA having an eye infection and willits being a replacement, didn't you?