• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017 MLB Amateur Draft Thread

Chuck

3 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

I like the idea of loading up on Pitchers.  With all the injured coming back by next season, and having more top arms on the way, the team will have a surplus to where they could deal one for a position player or 2.

And with Barria and Long coming on, we're looking good when you consider we have Ramirez, Meyer, Skaggs, Shoe in addition to Heaney, Tropeano next season. Let's just put Garrett Richards down as a strong maybe. Maybe not Lou's maybe, but close 

The Angels in the past have reached in the first to save money for prep players in the 2nd and 3rd round.

This year, Adell's upside was too much to ignore. So they won't be saving any money with their top overall pick. 

My guess is they'll grab a collegiate starter in the second round that'll be ready for AA next year.

26 minutes ago, Cdaniel said:

What do you guys think of Nick Allen?

I liked the profile I read about him. Defense is supposedly good if I recall correctly. If he were available I think the Angels would definitely pick him up. They have to replace Simmons one of these days if they don't extend him.