• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Luggage pro's

Spent $180 on some Samsonite soft luggage years ago, now that thing is done for and need something else.  Any recommendations?  I travel often for weeks and pack heavy 

Are those hard ones better for some reason?  What about extra pockets, wheels, stuff like that   

Price range is $150 - $250 

I have a TravelPro spinner, and I f*cking love it.  It's total quality - from the weight dispersion (this is important to me), to the wheels, to the fabric, to the zippers. I'm sure if you wait for a sale you can get one for that price range, luggage goes on sale all the time.

My wife has a Samsonite and I swear I'm gonna throw it in the garbage. If you try to roll it while upright it always tips, the wheels suck so it's awful on cobblestone (aim for backpacks when you know cobblestones are coming, but sometimes you never know).

My TravelPro you can push/spin with a pinky, it's so smooth. Thing has been beaten to all hell and it looks brand new. I forget the size, it's not the insane huge one (no one needs that much space), but it's not carry-on able. It's expandable too but I never use that.

Don't get a black one, or else you get the play the game at baggage claim where it looks like you're in a bar in S Korea and all the chicks look identical. 

What exactly are you looking for? My main bag is pretty much dying (its served me well). So im in the market too. But are you looking for something big, or for more backpacking travel? (Thre more i travel,  the more im trying to pack less).

I bought a travelpoint backpack for my last trip. Its a great backpack. I had to still bring my monster bag, because i was going to cold weather. And i had a ton of crap to drag along (dive gear, cameras, tablet, etc). But eliminate the heavy stuff for the cold weather, and that backpack is really enough for say a week in decent weather.

2 hours ago, calscuf said:

I've got an Osprey Porter 46 that I've been using for about a decade.  It's taught me to pack light and it's carry on size so especially when I'm traveling alone, I never check anything.

Had a brain freeze. Thats the pack i just bought (nit sure if same size, does yours have the attached daypack?). Anyway, i love it. Still need a large duffle for certain things, but for an easy trip in warm weather its perfect.

17 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

What exactly are you looking for? My main bag is pretty much dying (its served me well). So im in the market too. But are you looking for something big, or for more backpacking travel? (Thre more i travel,  the more im trying to pack less).

I bought a travelpoint backpack for my last trip. Its a great backpack. I had to still bring my monster bag, because i was going to cold weather. And i had a ton of crap to drag along (dive gear, cameras, tablet, etc). But eliminate the heavy stuff for the cold weather, and that backpack is really enough for say a week in decent weather.

yep, i always aim to use my backpacking backpack if i can.

i have a northface backtrack 70 that has been everywhere with me. thing is so tough, it will outlive me. 

On 5/3/2017 at 11:08 AM, calscuf said:

I've got an Osprey Porter 46 that I've been using for about a decade.  It's taught me to pack light and it's carry on size so especially when I'm traveling alone, I never check anything.

I just bought one of these so fuck you if it doesn't adequately hold my Ukulele!